Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Trainleader21
Journeyman III

My AM3+ Build

My gaming computer is Ancient!

I had an old Ibuypower case.

GTX 770, With an FX-4100 and only 8GB of Ram. Does anyone else here have an older computer as well?

3 Replies
Doc_Gonzo
Adept I

Prior to this build at the start of the year, I was using an i7 3770K, HD 7950 and 16 GB of DDR3 RAM.  I didn't game on it anymore but it was still surprisingly 'snappy' for basic tasks. I still have it and am trying to decide what to do with it now. . . . I'll probably have a go at running Linux on it. 

ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E | AMD 7950X | Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX PULSE | Corsair 1000X | LIAN LI Galahad 360 AIO | Kingston FURY Beast RGB (2x16GB) 6000MHz DDR5 | Crucial P5 Plus 1TB | Seagate Exos 18TB | Phanteks G500A DRGB |
0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

I upgraded from an FX8120 with 16GB DDR3 and a 4GB RX570 last year. reused my case, drives and PSU from the old rig. Mobo is in a box, GPU is on the shelf in a static baggie. Does that count?

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

I an still running an older machine and finally feeling the need to peek at the market again. 

AMD-A10 with Radeon 7660g. It performs surprisingly well. Newer games of course have issues but even the enhanced Witcher 1. Which surprised me. 

0 Likes