cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

HansKPersson
Adept I

MSI 7900XTX killed my 5950X

Yo, did run 5950X with 2070 super worked flawless for 2 years, then I upgraded to MSI 7900XTX my CPU broke, getting Cache Errors, Kenel error and Bus error, and crashed after 1 min with 23.1.1 Drivers worked alright turnd to worse after 23.1.2 where my CPU stared to be 10c hotter, and tund normal then I changed to 23.1.1 again, but crashes got even worse. and my pins on the CPU got bent to the store and they don't want to give me new for "bent" pin don't cover. AMD feel you owe me for this one

0 Likes
1 Solution
HansKPersson
Adept I

anyways can't change the topic, was Gigabyte 7900XTX sorry for miss type for current have MSI 4080 so mixed them together, got information about gigabyte 7900XTX it was broke too, so think smart memory burn both CPU and GPU. least thats solved. so yeah now I need to afford new 5950X for small mistake I made then I transported it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model?

Is your motherboards BIOS up to date? What motherboard? 

What case make/model? How are your fans configured for airflow? How are you cooling your CPU?

How did a GPU bend your CPU pins? Bent pins can be easily straightened out if you weren't aware...

It's like filing a lawsuit against Ford because the drunk driver that owns a Ford vehicle crashed into your Ford vehicle while driving their mother's Toyota 

ThreeDee PC specs
HansKPersson
Adept I

For starters not suing anyone, second, did not change anything more then turn of Power to power supply, remove old graphic card and plugged it in new 7900XTX, run smooth day one, second day I remember Smartacess took while to find it in bios. had 22.1.1 by the time, few days later 23.1.1 for I started having issues computer auto restarted started, freeze in standby after screens was off. Tried windows 11 things got worse back to windows 10 got little better. tried different bios settings, different versions. started tracking Hwinfo64, event viewer, Memtest86, after I tried to reinstall windows, no difference, Tried different memories, different GPUs, different PCIE slot, lot of testing for 3 days

for my rig then I started was 5950X. corsair 3600mhz 2x32gb corsair RM750X and Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360 for my CPU, everything worked till I change GPU, Now Im running a ryzen 7 5700G and computer runs smooth. did put my CPU in wrong direction the plastic cover so it got little bent on the side but only pressed at close so 80% that store clerk that pressed too hard but have no prof, so just annoyed, and running a Nvidia 4080 now not taking chance with AMD again in GPU

0 Likes
HansKPersson
Adept I

forgot to add, upgraded PSU to Corsair RM 1000e and still had issues

0 Likes
HansKPersson
Adept I

anyways can't change the topic, was Gigabyte 7900XTX sorry for miss type for current have MSI 4080 so mixed them together, got information about gigabyte 7900XTX it was broke too, so think smart memory burn both CPU and GPU. least thats solved. so yeah now I need to afford new 5950X for small mistake I made then I transported it.

0 Likes