cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Megadeath
Adept II

Is it a good match?

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that I'm going to buy a new pc and want to know if R5 7600X with RX6900 is a good and smooth match?

MEGADEATH
10 Replies
lowteck
Miniboss

The 7600X will be a good match with nearly any GPU(except for the uber high-end)

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
0 Likes
Farcuen
Adept III

Can be a good match and not, I suggest to you to:

1. First choose the most demanding game, or something like that.
  2. Once identified the components, check some YouTube videos which show you the FPS you can get with that combo.
  3. Also consider your budget, and ponder a well choice, once you purchased and spent some money you cant get it back except if you order it through Amazon maybe based of course on the refund policy.

Let me know,

Kind regards

Farcuen

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello, @Megadeath , (everyone), 

In addition to @Farcuen response, I'm assuming you're buying a gaming PC. If so, I suggest the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D paired with any AMD Radeon RX 6000 series (ideally the 6800 XT) - I have these, and I luv em!  

You'll be future-proofing if you go this route (assuming they're within your budget).

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

I'm in the same boat as you, @Sam_AMD. 5800X3D with a 6800XT. Although, I almost tossed up my hands in frustration and grabbed a 7900XT or XTX for the sake of easier water block sourcing. But the block is on the way, and I order the rest of the parts on pay day. Project Spectre is taking form!

Performance over Pretty.

Those components are practically made for each other. 

You know, @Axxemann , perhaps you should change your slogan "Performance over Pretty" to "Simplicity over Frustration" LOLOLOL 😋

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

If I went the simple route, Project Spectre would never have been born.

It was all about maximum overkill cooling performace that would last as long as the case remained intact. Internal components can be upgraded, some of the plumbing has a fixed service life along with the coolant, but the build itself will remain constant.

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Everyone gave good viewpoints, now let me add one more.
And its super simple! Its not an exact rule of thumb but it works.

Do you know why 5800X3D and 6800XT are a great match?

Two components not from the top flagship tier, not from the mid tier, but BOTH from the high end tier. They work amazingly together, they are an excellent pick all around, even TODAY!

You are picking a 7600X, which is not bad by any means but if you mean gaming, and by the looks of a 6900 it may be. Then a mid tier 7600X may not be the best, sure the AM5 is upgradeable but nevertheless, 7600X is MID TIER and looses against the 5800X3D as far as gaming is concerned. (most of the times)

johnnyenglish_0-1698796805002.png

On the other side, the 6900 was a flagship card at launch and will still last some years to come but you have a possibly unbalanced system and possible bottleneck from the CPU at lower resolutions.

If budget is an issue, the 5800X3D will serve you for some time.

If you have the green you can't go wrong with the 7800X3D.

PS: Don't forget a good PSU for that 6900XT

The Englishman

I would get the 5800x3D and put a 7900xtx in her but be sure to have at least 1000 watt PSU

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Listen to what these guys are saying, they are still topping charts in gaming. No need to go new gen quite yet!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Anything less than a 8 core CPU won't do , you would be  better off if you had a AM4 motherboard running a 3700x then with a 7600x . I know a lot people say core count dont matter , but that is not true, esp when you get into highly demanding AAA games like RDR 2 and Cyberpunk 

0 Likes