cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

rtbh99
Challenger

i did it y'all i got a 5800x3d :)

hello all, it is with great pleasure that i inform you i have joined the stacked cache club, using the money my friend paid me for the pc i built here. i put the 3900x i had in my husbands pc for an upgrade for him, and took his 3800x for about a week and listed it on craigslist. someone bit and i sold it for $110, and that let me afford a 5800x3d on amazon for 314.06 after tax. i still have a little money leftover too, so i listed my midnight black 6800xt on craigslist as well, in the hopes that i can get a partner card to solve my overheating issue on the reference card cooler. heres a few pics 🙂

packaging slightly dented >:( fortunately i have a spare box from my friends build lolpackaging slightly dented 😠 fortunately i have a spare box from my friends build lolprocessor was totally fine though. gotta find something to do with all these cpu stickersprocessor was totally fine though. gotta find something to do with all these cpu stickersits upside down. the thermalright sst-amd bracket is essential to protecting your cpu, i feelits upside down. the thermalright sst-amd bracket is essential to protecting your cpu, i feeli wrapped the cable for the fan around the heat pipes of my cooler to eliminate visual slacki wrapped the cable for the fan around the heat pipes of my cooler to eliminate visual slackit almost doesnt reach!it almost doesnt reach!i went back to my tan round frame a14 fan so i can close the door on my case againi went back to my tan round frame a14 fan so i can close the door on my case againheres my gecko, Frida, if you have scrolled this far :)heres my gecko, Frida, if you have scrolled this far 🙂

my cinebench collection of ryzen processors that have been installed in my pc, except for the threadripper.my cinebench collection of ryzen processors that have been installed in my pc, except for the threadripper.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
9 Replies

Welcome to the 5800X3D club! I've got one as well this past weekend and it's been great so far.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Cache rules everythang around me!

Welcome to the club, homie.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Axxemann
Forerunner

You need a custom water cooling loop. 😄

Performance over Pretty.

i dont know that that will fit in my current case. ive been eyeing a case swap lately though.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes

DO IT!!!!!!

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

im actually currently working on a gpu sale to little upgrade to a partner model of a 6800xt/6900xt. got someone coming to buy my midnight black 6800xt today for $450

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes

My custom loop components are inbound. The stock heatsink on GPU is MASSIVE!  I’m hoping I can squeeze the pump/reservoir combo between the GPU water block and radiator. (My measurements indicate it’ll be tight) 🤞

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI B550 Tomahawk, XFX RX6950XT WB edition, 64G 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
hawkmanw
Adept III

Congratulations RTBH99! 😃I grabbed the same processor on Prime Day! IMG_8990.jpeg

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI B550 Tomahawk, XFX RX6950XT WB edition, 64G 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Going from the 5700X would the upgrade be worth the few hundred it costs? I have been thinking about it.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes