cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Helping our friend @Alex-Cooper with building his dream gaming PC.

Hello Red Team! 

Our friend @Alex-Cooper is looking to build his dream gaming PC. Here is his original post:

"Hello @Weber462 

I want to build my dream gaming pc which can run GTA V in high resolution graphics and some other games such as COD warzone, PUBG pc, Fortnite etc. Can you guide me which parts are best for my dream pc. i have a little bit know how about these things but i think you can guide me in proper way.

Thank you"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Hi Alex! 

I have a few questions before I make my recommendation...

1. Do you have a budget in mind? (How much are you planning to spend)? This will help everyone here with gauging their suggestions.

2. To be clear, are you planning to build a brand new PC or upgrade an existing PC?

3. Are you looking to purchase a new monitor too?

4. Last, are you planning to stick with AM4 or going with the new AM5 platform?

Let us know! We're here to help!

(Wait, I can't resist, if you are sticking with the AM4 platform, I recommend the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, it's the best gaming CPU we've ever made imho). 

@eebiii @Volkdude85 @Key-J @BigAl01 @mengelag @Amber_AMD 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
6 Replies
Weber462
Challenger

Hey Dude! What is your budget and are you planning on reusing anything you already have?

Volkdude85
Challenger

There are 2 big ways to go, either with am4 older mature tech ddr4 and save some money but your towards the end of the platforms lifespan.  Or you go AM5 brand new stuff , more money ddr5 little faster but new stuff is usually not "as" stable.  The other thing is some of us are waiting for  bigger memory(L3 cach3) in the new AM5 chips that have not come out yet.  if it's less then $1500 usd I would go AM4.  I also like mini Itx as a desk computer option, only drawback is its small and if something breaks on the board ... I like corsair case's there easy to work in  I have had OK luck in Thermaltake. I want a nr200p case build for my wife next but years ago cooler master was hit n miss.

My Dream computer would be an arm and a leg.  

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

my "Dream" would be a corsair 1000D Case(THE BIG ONE) but a be Quiet 802 is more practical and I keep eyeing the meshify 2 XL.  You can put a full ATX and a mini ITX in the 1000D at the same time and all full GPU's... I have a soft spot for Asus crosshair line(ROG something now) but honestly I'd buy Aorus to save money on the MB They have been good to me.  My dream should not be a project so air cooling. I love my Assassin 3 by deep cool.  I like non rgb because I'm pushing 40.  I love be quiet! PWM fans for the money.  I like single 12 volt rails on my PSU because I don't have to count amps on rails.  I overkill My PSU and MB because those 2 components are connected to everything and can take other things out and then my PSU stays cool and that is good for longevity.   Samsung is tops in M.2  My western digitals in M.2 work ok. If it must not ever break I'd go Samsung.  I don't like huge heat spreaders on ram I'd rather have good airflow.  Took 8 weeks but I love my epomaker keyboard. Ima lefty, love my lefty naga14.  I use LG tv's because they are relatively fast and I AV.  Those are some of what I would want, for the money the 5800X3D is a beast.  

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Hey @Alex-Cooper - the questions that Sam asked are definitely the best place to start for us to provide a good recommendation.

Definitely the estimated budget and if we are doing a full build or upgrading an existing build.

Let us know, and I will be happy to try and share a recommendation! 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I would also say the 5800X3D for the chip. It's still on the charts in 3D Mark even after the new chips came out. I agree with the comments here. If you're trying to save money go AM4 and DDR4, but as previously mentioned it's nearing its end life. If you can afford an AM5 motherboard, DDR5 has come down in price quite a bit and you have some future-proofing. As far as specific parts, once we know what your budget is we can recommend based on that. Cheers!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Key-J
Paragon

Hey @Alex-Cooper haven't heard from you, but thought this video might help:

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes