cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

praj
Adept I

Help with temp's

Hi there, I have recently just built a new system 5600x + RX 6650 XT and it works great however when I look at the temps the CPU rises to around 85 degrees when playing apex and the GPU alongside it stays around 83 degrees. Looking for any advice on why this is happening and how I can resolve this.

The build is in an NZXT H210 itx case, the fans are properly mounted with 2x exhaust on the back and top and 2x intake on the front with cool air coming in. The CPU cooler I am using currently is the stock AMD one that comes in the box, it is properly fitted on with brand-new thermal paste. I have ordered a new CPU cooler off amazon as a replacement for the stock cooler however I thought that even though it is a "bad cooler" it shouldn't be hitting temps like 88 at peak load on apex (all low settings).

The cooler I bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076MQBZ2L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picture of my case: https://freeimage.host/i/HqM1107

Any advice and help are appreciated! 🙂

Side notes:

I have tried playing with the side glass panel on and off the case and in both cases, it still runs very hot.

The GPU also looks like it is being choked almost as there isn't a lot of room for airflow from the bottom so I'm not sure what to do with that part, the hot air is being pushed to the sides, and I can feel it when I put my hand near it.

Don't really want to go for a larger case as I was looking for a small form factor build.

Full PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5600x with stock cooler

GPU: RX 6650xt

PSU: EVGA 650W Gold

RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHZ

Motherboard: ASRock A520M-ITX

SSD: 1TB NVME SSD (some company called fanxiang off amazon)

Case: NZXT H210

Extra fans: Uphere standard ones 3 pack.

1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would say that the ITX case is your big problem and that video card cannot get much air moving when the fans are right up against the PSU.  Maybe if the PSU fan is pushing air into the video card fans it might help a bit.  The stock AMD cooler could use help also.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would say that the ITX case is your big problem and that video card cannot get much air moving when the fans are right up against the PSU.  Maybe if the PSU fan is pushing air into the video card fans it might help a bit.  The stock AMD cooler could use help also.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I agree. SFF builds tend to be craptastic for these newer, hungrier GPUs, and they don't help the CPUs much, either... I don't really care if the 7000 series CPUs are designed to run up to 95 degrees, I want that thing as cold as possible and I want my GPU as cold as possible, too. This is why the smallest MoBo I would ever dare go is mATX in a mid-tower. I prefer ATX in full tower setups myself, but I'm using a mid tower for now.

Performance over Pretty.
praj
Adept I

I hope with the new cooler the CPU temps lower, when it comes to the GPU is it fine to have it running around 80-85 degrees?

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Is this hotspot temp or is it the GPU temp?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Not 100% on it but im pretty sure its just the normal gpu temp.

0 Likes

The AMD 5600X comes bundled with the weakest of the Wraith CPU Coolers the "Stealth". But it should be good enough for normal browsing and game playing. It will cause your processor to run a little bit hotter than usual.

By the way the Maximum Operating Temperature of your Processor is 95c so if it reaches 88c it is still within its operating temperature so the CPU is not overheating. If it gets above 90c then I might start getting concerned.

Good idea to replace the CPU Cooler with a upgraded 3rd party CPU Cooler.

If you remove temporarily the side panel and the CPU and GPU temps runs slightly cooler than you have poor air circulation inside your PC case.

As noted by BIGAI01, the position of your GPU card and CPU Cooler in relation to each other can make the CPU or GPU run hotter than normal if the hot exhaust air is aimed directly to either one as an example.

All 6000 series GPU cards have a Maximum Operating Temperature of 110c for its Hot Spot. But best to try it keep it running at a much cooler temperature like below 90c if possible.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi there,
Not going to add much more than others just wrote, but I do have a "close encounter" with that particular NZXT.

The Graphics Card gets air strangled and to matter things worse, the natural convection plus the Stealth cooler just above will heat soak the area. You need an AIO for sure. Small ITX are well known for their constrained airflow so AIO Water Coolers are very beneficial.

My "close encounter" saw 15-20ºC less temp on the CPU and 10ºC less temp on the GPU with the ADD of an AIO.

If you don't like watercoolers, a good tower cooler might help ease a bit but not much as the area just above the GPU will get head soaked anyway.

I'll also advise you to turn off Zero dB mode on the graphics card.

Good Luck

The Englishman