Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

rich_g
Journeyman III

drivers for a MSI AMD GT 7770 1GB GDDR5 card

HI there,

I am trying to get hold of drivers for a MSI AMD GT 7770 1GB GDDR5 card. The latest ADM adrenalin software says it is legacy and I can't find it anywhere on the website.

fyi my PC is pretty old HP pavilion p6792UK win10 64bit but I have upgraded the power supply and the card powers up ok

Any thoughts / ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes
9 Replies

the HD 7770 is only supported by legacy driver only. they don't support Windows 11, but i suspect your cpu wouldn't support 11 anyways.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7770-g... 

0 Likes

thanks but how do I get the legacy driver? In device manager it is showing ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics and there is no driver installed.

0 Likes

yes you're right about win11 not being supported. Not bothered about that - applies to most machines over 5 years old I think

0 Likes

thanks for getting back to me. When I install the software I just get this error:

Error 182 – AMD Software Installer Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported

If you have any ideas I could try I'd appreciate it.
0 Likes

Are you sure you have an AMD video card? An HD 7770? Could it be an NVidia card?

0 Likes

Thanks for the idea - just checked it is definitely one of these - an AMD card

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/msi-hd-7770-ghz-edition.b2295 

0 Likes

make sure your monitor is connected to the card and not your motherboard and check in your bios to ensure that the discrete video card is initialized first. every bios is different so I can't tell you exactly what you're looking for... if that doesn't help i'm out of ideas.

0 Likes

thanks for trying - I think it is just too new for my machine - I logged a call with AMD and they said that is probably the case. It is registering as an ATI 3000 incorrectly although it does say working normally. I can't get any of the ports to work. Have reverted to an older card and working fine so will leave it at that for now. I have another (newer) machine which I will try it in and see what happens

0 Likes