cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Checking To See If I Damaged My Server PC

I already made a thread about how I had trouble reinserting my GPU into my Lian Li O11 Air Mini case. Well I ran all the necessary tests and it seems to work fine, however when I have VSR enabled and hardware acceleration disabled in Chrome, Youtube drops about 1/3rd of the frames. I don't know if this is something that has just been an issue or if I damaged my GPU or MOBO. 

Can someone use Chrome with hardware acceleration disabled and VSR enabled to see if there are frames being dropped. 

I used AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalled different drivers all the way back to 23.8.1 and the issue persists. 

If it isn't typical behavior it works fine with hardware acceleration enabled within Chrome, but I want to make sure I didn't damage the slot or the GPU it's self. 

I would try to reseat the GPU but this case makes it nearly impossible to reinsert the GPU. I might try loosening the MOBO to see if I can get the GPU lined up better with the case. If you don't know what I am talking about, my O11 Air Mini slots where the GPU I/O sheild prongs insert are not lined up correctly and required a lot of force to install the GPU. I installed it, it slammed into place with a clang like metal on metal. After nearly breaking my PC, I found a thread saying if I loosen the MOBO screws and pulled it slightly toward the front of the case it may allow for more space to get the GPU inserted.

After that nightmare scenario, 3DMark scores allign with the performance level that it should be, I just have this Youtube issue. 

Everything other than Youtube works fine. 

The PC I am talking about is not the one in my signature. 

The server PC is comprised of:

Asus Tuf Gaming B5550M-Plus Wifi II 

Ryzen 9 3950X

Thermaltake Toughair 510

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200

Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC

CORSAIR RM850e Fully Modular Low-Noise ATX Power Supply

XPG SX6000 Lite M.2 2280 256GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive

LIAN LI O11 AIR MINI Black

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
1 Reply
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Are you running YouTube and blockers? YouTube has been cracking down and I know I've been getting delays before videos start and the odd frame/ lag issue. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes