cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Build Complete: Maximus

Thanks for all the replies from my previous post in which direction I should go for my HTPC build. I went the ITX route and bought the Fractal Ridge case. It's bigger than I thought, but I'm happy with it.

20230524_062332.jpg20230524_085410.jpg20230524_202256.jpg20230524_202324.jpg20230524_211545.jpg

I see the fractal riser is Gen3, so I need to see if they have a resolution so I can get Gen4 speeds with the 6700 XT. Now I need an OLED TV to take full advantage. Feel free to send donations, lol!

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
5 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Wow, that's a tight fit with the video card.  Looks good though.  Have you tried a few games with the new machine?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

@BigAl01  The card fit isn't bad to be honest. I'm assuming its because I took a picture before tidying up the cables. It has plenty of room even with the pre-installed fans. I played one game of Apex Legends. It wasn't too bad. But I'm pretty sure I'll be using this for more single-player games which would suit this 60hz TV in my living room a lot better. But I'm happy how it turned out and excited to give it a real test drive over the weekend since I took off.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Key-J
Paragon

Talk about big power in a small package 😲

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Wanted to give a quick update just in case someone else dives into the ITX life and purchases this case. If you happen to have the Gen3 riser cable, just shoot Fractal an e-mail, they'll ask for reciept, etc and they'll send you out a Gen4 riser. Just installed mine and everything is everything. Love the build and super, super happy with it.

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Oh man, I love the case choice you ended up going with. I think that Fractal looks clean as heck. Grats on the new build!

Side note: LOOK AT ALL THOSE CHAMP BELTS! Those are sweet! Is someone a bit of a wrestling fan? 😂