Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Xaver
Journeyman III

5800X3D Wont Post

Hello,

i tried switching out my 2700X for an 5800X3D. But it wont post.

I have an X570 Steel Legend

32 GB Ram at 3200Mhz

1070 OC

and 750 PSU

I flashed Bios to 3.90

I tried the CPU in a different System and it works

Any help?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies

When you turn your system on what exactly happens - I need a blow by blow...

I for example had a similar instance where by the fan on the PSU would come on as well as the RGB on the memory but nothing else.. in that case it was a bad power supply but saying it won't post does not help much - you need to be verbose.

0 Likes

According to your Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST you do need BIOS Version 3.90 or newer for the 5800X3D to be recognized and to boot up.

ASRock does have a newer version than 3.90 version 4.10 which might make it more compatible with your new CPU.

Have you checked to see if your RAM is listed for the Vemeer Processors QVL LIST for RAM: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Steel%20Legend/index.asp#MemoryVM

Or check the RAM Manufacturer's QVL List to see if it is compatible?

Try installing just one RAM Stick in your Motherboard's DIMM Slot # 2 and see if it POST or boots up?

What Motherboard Trouble LED or Digital Error Code is showing when the PC doesn't boot up?

Hi

my problem was that InstantFlash does not work with the Pinnacle Ridge CPU.

I tried it and it changed the Bios name to 3.90 but didn´t actually do anything.

I contacted AsRock and they sent me an EFI Flash Program and the newest BIOS 4.11. I booted that up from USB with my old CPU and now everything works fine.