cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

WD - Blue SA510 1TB Internal SSD SATA for $50

This is a good way to speed up an old computer you might have lying around.  I have upgraded several older HDD computers by cloning the system drive to an SATA SSD drive and then using the old HDD as a backup drive once everything is running smoothly.  Sure, I would rather install an M.2 drive and call it a day, but older machines don't have M.2 ports on their motherboards.  Most older computers have SATA ports though.  This particular drive (1 TB Western Digital Blue) is only $50 right now at Best Buy.  Now is the time to upgrade that old computer.

WD - Blue SA510 1TB Internal SSD SATAWD - Blue SA510 1TB Internal SSD SATA

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
2 Replies

It is crazy how things are so cheap but you need more of them today compared to a few years ago. I remember I got a great deal for 256 kb ram for a laptop I had. HAHA yes you are reading that correctly 256kb of ram for an upgrade to the laptop 🙂

Of course programs back then were not gb in size as it had a 20mb hd.

Bigger and better capacities are the marching orders.  In reality, it comes from reduced process sizes of the transistors and other switching semi-conductors.  Size does matter after all, but in the reverse way from humans.  Smaller is better - less power consumption, faster speeds, etc.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".