Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

LordOdin
Adept II

Upgrades

Hi

I have come back to AMD after spending 2 or 3 years using Intel. I have just got a Ryzen 5 5600G PC but don't have a Graphics Card yet. I know the 5600G has built in Graphics but am looking for something a bit more substantial. I am working with a budget of £200 , i know it won't buy me anything new or top of the range but unfortunately it's my limit. A friend suggested a Nvidea 1660 Super but i really want a AMD Graphics Card. The Games i play are mainly City Building and Strategy Games apart from my Addiction to Red Dead Redemption 2 and having something that could run that would be great. I am also in the process of saving for a new Motherboard but that's another post. Any help and advice appreciated.

4 Replies
danwo
Adept II

RX 6600 is a good pick. 

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

Used 5700XT is under 200 and beats 6600. Also whatever they say, I am skeptical about 128 bit GPU's. 5700XT is good old 256 bit, which you these days find mostly just from high end GPU's.

0 Likes

If you purchased a Pre-built Ryzen 5 5600G PC I bet it doesn't have a very powerful PSU installed since it doesn't have a GPU card installed.

What is the PSU Wattage your PC has installed? That will determine which GPU card you purchase unless you also plan on upgrading the PSU.

Some Pre-Built PCs have Propriety Hardware including PSU. So you need to post the Make & Model of your PC to determine that.   Some Pre-built HP and Dell, as an example, have Propriety hardware including PSU.

You can take a look at this PSU-GPU website that shows the minimum PSU wattages you will need in your PC to run various GPU cards, both AMD and Nvidia: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

With that website you can determine which GPU card will work in your PC without power issues due to a underpowered PSU.

Sorry for the late reply, i believe it's a 500w PSU but haven't opened it up to check. I was looking at the GTX 1660 which looks lower powered compared to some i have seen but really would prefer a Radeon Card with similar performance. I will be upgrading the PSU and Motherboard in the near future probably when the warranty has expired or perhaps maybe sooner. Thanks for the advice so far it's really been helpful.