Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

PC Case Recommendations for AM5 Build

Hey, Red Team!

This is the year I'm looking to take my PC to another level with the latest AMD has to offer. As you all know, AMD's next-gen CPUs and GPUs have arrived, and I'm excited to jump on that hype train and assemble a Red Team build for myself.

I know my way around a rig as an average builder, but I hate to say my last rig was pre-built. (Darn the GPU prices 2 summers ago...) At the time, it was the best option as I couldn't find a great GPU for under 1,000 USD. 

That being said, I'll probably circle back here once I get a GPU/CPU to ask for recommendations on motherboards, RAM, cooling, etc. For now, I wanted to get the ball rolling and ask for your recommendation on PC cases/Brands.

Newest+pc+case_d93507_5678453.jpg 

Some things to note:

1. Full/Mid-Tower case
  2. Great airflow
  3. Will use RGB lighting
  4. Front-panel connectivity
  5. Tempered glass pane to see the details inside

Looking forward to any and all ideas!

22 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I REALLY like the PC case I ended up getting - Phanteks, which you can check out here

Also, for my partners Christmas build, we went with HYTE Y60 and it was SUPER spacious and had tons of fan space. 

The one thing I would say I maybe favored in my case was the cord organization and tools that came with it. Also with hyte, you can only position your GPU one way, which is horizontally with fans facing towards you. Which in my case, you could configure in multiple ways. 

So think about how you want the look and feel to be internally within the case for customization too! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Sober and simple. Black or White available. Excelent airflow. 

Corsair 5000D Airflow Edition! 

The Englishman

Personally if you have the space I would get a Full Tower case for future proofing reasons. With a full tower you can install large CPU Coolers, full size GPU cards and hold more hardware and cables plus add more case fans for better air circulation.

Second I would look for a High Air Flow type of Tower PC case. That will give you the maximum amount of air circulation inside your PC. I purchased a CoolerMaster HAF X and it has been excellent even though it is quite out-dated and newer better models are out now.

The only con about having a Full Tower with lots of Case fans is that it probably has several case air filters installed. So you would need to periodically clean the Air filters and Case fans to continue to have good air circulation inside your PC.

RGB lighting is something up to the User's taste. IF you want a flashy Sci-Fi/Modern look to your PC then go ahead and order hardware with RGB embedded. But you would need to get a motherboard that would support all the RGB connections. But most likely it will be more expensive than Non-RGB hardware in price.

Front Panel connectivity is something, at least for me, that is very convenient. You can connect USB, Audio, or other types of Ports for various hardware at the front requiring shorter cables and ease of connecting and disconnecting the hardware instead of moving the entire PC case to reach in back to disconnect or connect your USB, Audio, or other types of port connections.

Tempered glass panel is something that is convenient because you can troubleshoot or examine your hardware inside the PC case without physically removing the panel. You can check to see if your GPU or CPU fans are working, check for any Trouble LED or Digital codes that might be showing, etc. Plus it gives it a modern look. The one con is that you will need to also periodically clean the glass panel since it will get smudgy or dirty whenever you handle the PC case or from dust and dirt in the air.

Anyway that is my take on your questions you are asking.

EDIT: I guess I misread his question.

PCPARTPICKER is a great place to check out prices and PC Cases: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#B=3,4&f=2,3&X=0,30517&t=4&A=0

I inputted Full Tower, Tempered or Tinted Side panel, up to $300.00, no PSU included, and everything else default. PCPARTPICKER shows 42 compatible PC Cases to choose from:

Screenshot 2023-01-30 155027.png

That is just a partial list.

rtbh99
Challenger

im looking at the fractal pop air, or the fractal north by fractal design for my next build.  i also have a really expensive left sided case in my amazon wish list, if i ever get a longer gpu and want to keep my current desk layout.

amd reference cards are actually the sweet spot in size for my current caseamd reference cards are actually the sweet spot in size for my current case

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Key-J
Paragon

I think the HYTE Y60 is one of those cases worth checking out. It seems to be this stand-out new entry to the game.

For a full tower, I've always been a big fan of the CoolerMaster HAF series, so the HAF 700EVO is a great option for tons of space and airflow - as well as a fun LED on the front. 

I currently have this DeepCool CG560 case and it is minimalistic and perfect for what I need.

I also recently saw this one from NZXT the H9Elite I thought it was super interesting because it kind of reminded me of a Fish Tank with all that glass!

I know @AFKG-Curtis has a cool case he could talk about.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

isnt the haf700 evo like 600 us dollars lol

could put that towards a better gpu and cpu instead imo

---
lets talk about rtbh99

It's so badly overpriced it Sickening! 

0 Likes

Who am I to judge @Wally_AMD ... maybe this is him when it comes to PC Building Budget now:

KeyJ_0-1675111681076.gif

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
eebiii
Miniboss

1. Spectre 3.0 Case Black SC-S3-BK (performance-pcs.com)
  2. Doesn't get any better with airflow
  3. check
  4. Wavlink USB 3.0 Universal Dual Display Docking Station - Newegg.com Can find somewhere to attach or ...
  5. No need on this case
  6. Singularity Computers Spectre 3.0 Integra Elite Black SC-S3-ELITE-INTEGRA-BK (performance-pcs.com)      ADD This!
  7. Singularity Computers Spectre 3.0 Flight Case - Silver SC-SPECTRE-FC-SL-D (performance-pcs.com)  Option    If you are traveling to LAN parties lol

Or:

Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower Computer Case - Black - Micro Center

I think this Lian Li case is the easiest to build with. Tons of room. Can go full water cooling or air cooling. Lots of tempered glass, can see rgb or inside computer from almost 180 degrees and covers front usb ports. 

Moist
Adept III

I say go for a Fractal North I love the wood. Still big enough to fit most things with classy looks also I give it bonus points for trying something new.

0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Whatever you do, don't get an Lian-Li o11. It's like the default case of the PCMR, lol. Nice cases, but ugh, like 90% of the DIY looks like they have one, but who am I to judge?! Anyhoo, here are a few:

I'm a sucker for airflow. I think these options are pretty amazing for airflow cases. All of them come in white or black variants with plenty of room for building space. 

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

"Whatever you do, don't get an Lian-Li o11. It's like the default case of the PCMR, lol. Nice cases, but ugh, like 90% of the DIY looks like they have one"

90% of that 90% don't build them right. Just takes a little planning to make it stand out.

That's probably true, lol.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

I would get a Fractal Torrent. There are different sizes, but they all have great air cooling performance and look less RGB and more business.

I am currently using Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2. Reasonably priced. I have the no glass version. Looks "business" and size really gives it a presence despite style is very clean and nothing "pops". With all black fans, front grill looks just black, but actually air gets through easily. Looks better than in pictures. Gamers Nexus has a good review of this thing.

TR2
Adept III

I have to assume the case will reside on the desk. The choice between full and mid tower can be confusing but most would probably take the full tower for airflow and ease of access. I think there are a lot of mid towers with good airflow and they are not that hard to work on. I have both on my desk. I do think that a case with front panel access is way better and I don't mean on the front top. I don't want to have to get up to plug in a flash drive or other usb connection. Cable management is a factor also. I like my RGB and the full tower is easier to trick out. Fractal, Coolermaster, Thermaltake, Corsair and NZXT all have some good cases. I like Thermaltake. The View 51 looks great in white or black and has true front panel access. With a case, unlike most components, it can last for many rebuilds so I do not mind spending a little to get what I want.  The HYTE that Amber mentioned is pretty cool too and checks all the boxes.

Vynski
Exemplar

1. Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX
  2. Hyte y60 (10% off NOW)   ***
  3. Metallic Gear Neo Cube, if you can find one.
  4. Lian Li O11 Dynamic

I haven't experienced the HYTE or Lian Li case yet, but man they sure look great for what your requirements are. 

Highly recommend any of these 4.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

The Red Hyte Y60 is amazing!!!

The Englishman
bgnass
Adept III

Fractal design torrent 

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

These are all amazing options and I'm seeing some I wasn't aware of! Thank you all - keep the suggestions coming if you think of one!

Definitely going to build a top 3 list soon enough

eebiii
Miniboss

I always thought this would be cool to build on.

1-20111G03135.jpg

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

Here is a different version

1637568881138622.jpg

0 Likes