cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

New Controller

I usually don't use controllers unless I play a party game, Fall Guys, or Party Animals, for example. My controllers are from the first generation of Xbox One. I have the original Elite Series 1, and the controller that came with the original Xbox One. Both controllers are great but nowhere sells the original wireless dongle for the controller without forcing you to buy a new Xbox controller along with it. 

I don't mind playing wired at my PC but the Elite is slowly dying. Specifically the microUSB port is going bad. This gives me an excuse to get a new controller. I am looking along the lines of one that connects via BT. I don't mind using AA batteries to power it. I do want paddles on the back, however. I have grown accustomed to being able to map face buttons to the paddles so I don't have to move my thumbs off the analog sticks.

There have been a few controllers that grabbed my attention but I am unsure as to the quality of these controllers. I heard bad things about the Elite Series 2 regarding stick drift, as well as Scuf regarding general build quality. I am also aware of that fact that if you look at any item's reviews there will be some products that are just faulty. That is why I am asking the people that I know play games regularly enough to actually comment on the products that I might buy, and whether they are worth it.

What would you buy to replace the Elite Series 1? What are your thoughts on Scuf, Razer, and Logitech? Are there lesser known brands that work better than the few I mentioned? Is the Elite Series 2 Core compatible with the old paddles? Is it even worth it or should I go with the Elite Series 2 with all of the accessories? 

All of your thoughts would be appreciated. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
7 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

tired of that stick drift? consider a controller with Hall Effect Sensors. https://www.amazon.com/KingKong-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo-Switch-Bluetooth/dp/B09QJN8ZD9/ this controller has such a thing in the joysticks, using permanent magnets instead of springs to detect position of the joystick. something else on this controller will break before the joysticks do.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Bluetooth-Controller-Charging-Gaming-Console/dp/B0B9BGJVLL/ heres another one with back paddles.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Do you know if it uses Bluetooth to connect? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

both do

---
lets talk about rtbh99
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I might have to see about that next pay day. 

0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

If you're on PC, stick to Mouse and Keyboard. 😛

Performance over Pretty.

You know Turtle beach just released their controller so you might want to take a look at that too.

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

The Elite 2 is the way I go, I've always preferred the Xbox controllers and they are generally pretty solid. I can usually fix the stick drift once it happens with some electronics contact cleaner as well

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes