Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

My AIO Fans Are Dying

Hello Red Team.

My H100i Elite Capellix fans are dying, and starting to vibrate. On the product page it states the fans push 75CFM. What fans would best replace them, as the fans that came with the AIO are not for sale as an individual product? I could try to get Corsair to send me another set, but I would feel bad as they have already sent me a set within the last two years, and most of the time the fans are at max speed, with many of the games I play, really pushing my CPU hard.

I have a general list of what fans I have seen review well within the tech community on YT, but I am not sure what would be best for an AIO. Some of the fans, I can not find any videos on, but I am hoping we have enough input here to develop an idea of what is best for my use case.

I typically just game, but I am going to be upgrading to AM5 within a few months, and want to be able to push as much air through this radiator as possible.

The list so far is as follows.

Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM chromax.black.swap, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (120mm, Black)

cpurpe91_0-1700097670419.jpeg

Thermaltake ToughFan 12 High Static Pressure 2000 PWM, Metal-Reinforced Motor Hub, Gen.2 Hydraulic B...

cpurpe91_1-1700097697976.jpeg

Thermaltake ToughFan 12 Turbo, PWM controlled PWM 500 ~ 2500rpm, Metal-Reinforced Motor Hub, Gen.2 H...

cpurpe91_2-1700097731697.jpeg

Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 12 Pro High Static Pressure PC Cooling Fan, PWM controlled 500~2000 rpm, Air Fl...

cpurpe91_3-1700097750947.jpeg

Phanteks T30-120 Fan Triple-Pack, premium high-performance fan, excellent sound quality, 4-pin PWM, ...

cpurpe91_4-1700097773503.jpeg

Cooler Master Mobius 120 OC High Performance Interconnecting Ring Blade Fan, PWM Fan Speed Cable Tog...

cpurpe91_5-1700097799729.png

Arctic BioniX P120 (Red) - Pressure-optimised 120 mm Gaming Fan with PWM Sharing Technology (PST)

cpurpe91_6-1700097819551.jpeg

If you have any suggestions please reply with a link. I typically use Newegg.com to order my parts, so a link to the product there would be awesome.

I don't care much about noise, since I wear my headset while I use the PC. That said, I don't need anything like industrial PC fans screaming at 5000RPM. I just want to keep my temps close to the same and within the same noise level.  

Any input would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
12 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Noctua's are among the most silent fans ever made, bequiet will be a close second and they now have RGB. But if sound is not a problem, then Static Pressure is your fan.

The thing is: those fans seem to be designed for airflow, curvy long blades, ok... the Artic do have a large enough blade.

Since you will be applying them on a radiator, Static Pressure would be better, but they are also a bit more noisy.

I have the bundled Noctua's iPPC on my AIO with a large non curvy blade. They are awesome, but like I said, noisier than the Airflow Chromax ones that I have on the front that are dead silent at 800rpm.

I have a video with sound that I can post later.

Cooler master kind of disappointed me, they were silent at first but then they get noisy.

The Englishman

I will have to give that a look when it is ready.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

This one might be the ticket.  Not cheap though.

Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM, High Performance Cooling Fan, 4-Pin, 1700 RPM (120mm, Grey)Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM, High Performance Cooling Fan, 4-Pin, 1700 RPM (120mm, Grey)

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Very similar to the iPPC Bundled with Ryujin

johnnyenglish_1-1700312677604.png

The Englishman
Axxemann
Forerunner

Arctic P12 PWM-PST. Cheap as dirt, but solid as a rock. When I did my case migration a couple months back I retired a couple of P12 PWMs that were pushing a decade of use. And those fans were not treated kindly. Back then my g/f at the time and I used to smoke in my apartment. There were also 2 cats.

Now I'm running a full bank of P12PWM-PSTs, and they see the fur, dander and dust kicked up from one cat and a crippled guy who doesn't stay on top of his housekeeping as well as he wants to. I reckon I'll get a good 10 years out of these ones, too.

Performance over Pretty.
PandorianGrey
Adept II

It depends on your needs for noise levels. I just popped a triple pack of Phantek T-30 fans onto a Deepcool LT-720 360mm AIO and I couldn't be more pleased. Even though at 3000rpm (which you can totally control with your fan curve to keep it at 2000 rpm at higher temps if you so choose.) it was loud but not as loud as I was expecting or what was touted as being very loud. To be honest once you hit that 100% threshold any AIO fan at max RPM will be loud and noticeable so you will have to live with that aspect anyway, and if you have to accept that AIO fans will be noticeably loud at 100% then what should most concern you is cooling performance that you are getting for all that noise and in this regard T-30 fans cannot be beat as of yet.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I settled on the set of 2 Toughfan 12 Pros for close to 45 USD. They will be here in a few days. Does everyone else set their AIO fans as exhaust, pulling air from inside the case to cool it? If you do is there an easier way to get the screws to line up? LOL. I could install the fans in the case but I prefer them in a pull configuration.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I prefer to see my RGB fans, so I have them inside the case, pushing air through the radiator to the outside.  I don't remember having issues getting the screws to line up.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
PandorianGrey
Adept II

I'm using a Fractal Torrent so I have no choice but to mount any 360 AIO to the front in place of the 2x 200mm fans and place the 200mm fans at the bottom of the case pulling air in. For this scenario I have the fans at the front pulling air into the AIO. I have considered am I pushing hot air into the case once it passes the radiator this way but I think it's very negligible and with the fans blowing from the bottom I think it would be better to keep the airflow going in one direction out the back top. I don't know anyone with this particular configuration so I can't say if I'm setup optimally or not but the temps are great so I'm not going to second guess too much about it.

Remember that warm air rises.  Trying to oppose that flow is messing with mother nature.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

While installing I figured out an easier way to mount the rad with the fans on top. I used to fan screws on the fans to hold them in place and it made lining up the AIO screws so much easier. The CPU runs about 2C warmer than the old fans but there is nothing vibrating my desk anymore. 

These Toughfan 12 Pros are super quiet too even at max speed. If I ever decide to completely ditch RGB, these will be what I get to replace all the other fans in my case. This is all if they last. Some people complained about theirs failing early. We will see.

If they die, just remember that not all fluid bearings are created equal, regardless of deisgn. Arctic's fluid bearings are incedibly long lasting. Their continuous operation fans use ball bearings, but at a fraction of what Noctuas cost. Just don't expect RGB on the P-series COs.

Performance over Pretty.