cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Mouse/Desk Pads!

I've been coming here chatting a lot about desk accessories and setups, and I thought I would start a discussion on mouse/desk pads. 

Here's the one I'm currently using from our friends at iBUYPOWER called Nyanyopolis I LOVE IT. 

IMG_7815.jpg

Previously I was using a leather mat and it was nice because you could wipe anything off it, but I love the fabric ones now and will never return. 

So I'm curious, what kind do you like to use? Do you use regular mouse pads that support the area of your mouse, or if you use a desk pad like me? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
18 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Also if you're creeping on my computer, yes I listen to crime podcasts. If you're a crime podcast person I would love your recommendations 🙂 Morbid is my favorite right now. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
red5
Miniboss

Right now I'm rocking an oversized mousepad that came with a Plextor NVMe drive I bought a few years ago.  It's large enough to fit my 10keyless keyboard and my mouse. Very nice for a freebie. I like getting unique things, and I have a couple others, including an AMD Red Team mousepad and a limited edition Final Fantasy XV mousepad from CoolerMaster. Oh, and a Quake Champions mousepad that came with these neat hardcover journals.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I have a somewhat expensive at the time, RoG SHEATH. (No surprises here with my choice, right? 😝)
But very durable, Quality is strong with this one.

Bought in 2016 and still very mint.

johnnyenglish_1-1663330425733.png

It has gone thru 2,5 builds. (2 builds and a refresh lol) But 3 keyboards !

johnnyenglish_0-1663330374011.png

johnnyenglish_2-1663330552597.pngjohnnyenglish_3-1663330773265.png

The good thing with RoG ecosystems is they talk with each other quite well.

There's calibration presets for the mousepad and mouse as well.

johnnyenglish_4-1663331100154.png

The Englishman
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Mine is a simple mat/wrist rest set up (wrist rest for my left hand at the keyboard, not the mouse). I'll maybe snag a pic later -- I really just wanted to jump in to say your desk is so clean! Really like the space/set up.

Key-J
Paragon

Amber your desk is all the vibes. I am honestly very envious!

For me, I am just running an Asus XL mousepad that I got free with my Motherboard a number of years ago 😛

I don't have the space for much more unfortunately 😞

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes
Justifier
Challenger

Magic Eagle Havit

I've tried more expensive (~$80) mouse mats before only to have them fray/wear quickly/separate from their rubber mat. Now I just buy the biggest, cheapest options because I expect them to fail. (I clean my mats often, every week or so, they usually start to come apart after ~6 months or so. I know that's overboard for most people but I'm a bit of a germophobe)

Interestingly, this one has lasted me the longest out of any I've purchased. It's lasted since October 27, 2022 so just under a year. Still no noticeable damage/fraying/seperation

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers

Not to say otherwise, have you tried RoG?

I've had all kinds of mats and they will suffer a lot in my hands. I use the actual one sometimes to lay down the PC on it when dusting or on my videos to showcase something.

I had cheap and expensive. They will all wear and tear in 2 years for me. Get stained, loose grip/texture where I put my elbows, stitches will get loose if they have them. Some will even get extra "shinny" and polished with so much mouse use.

The last mat I ever bought was the RoG (also test driving the one AMD sent to me)

Tips for excellent cleaning
High temperature steam cleaning once a month, dries fast and will easily remove nasty things from it.
Dishwasher soap deep cleaning once a year but You need to make sure you do this in the summer so it can dry in the same day, preferably in the shade. Or the grip rubber underneath will get damaged with the moisture.

Good luck with the next ones.

The Englishman
0 Likes

I haven't, I tend to avoid gamery looks where possible.

My rig has to as a whole look fairly presentable in a dress shirt and tie kind of way, RGB and even the brand logos of most gaming companies can detract from professional image waay more than you'd think, it's a subconscious thing, I've gotten away with it on the Havit by flipping it upside down and placing an ornament on the logo, with the rest of it being generic black. I can't really do that with RGB or huge logos that cover up over half of the mat

Been seriously considering buying some leather and tooling/treating it myself specifically for my setup, especially since I got my case, super temping to continue the theme.

Thanks for the cleaning tips 🙃 I tend to take them to the shower and lightly washing them with warm water and a microfiber cloth, then hang dry over night with a box fan on low.

I'm pretty old school in that I still hand wash a lot of delicates and hang dry them

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
Nevyns
Adept II

I have used one of these for quite a long time now, it's great. I don't use my keyboard and mouse side by side like most folks do so this shape suits me fine.

-CH-9413561-WW-Gallery-MM350-XL-01.png

I HAD THAT EXACT SAME ONE!

KeyJ_0-1663367035939.gif

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I actually find this one just beautiful

johnnyenglish_0-1663368391505.png

The Englishman

That was my first corsair pad I ever had, I still have it actually, still in perfect condition after using it for a few years, but the width was a problem, I have a HOTAS that sits next to my right and left hand so it got in the way. That pad is the reason I bought the square XL one that I use now.

0 Likes
jamesc359
Forerunner

I've always preferred a medium sized cloth mat. Gotta have enough room to pull off those flick shots in CS, more than that though just occupies desk space.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I really like this one. 

Vaporwave3.jpgVaporwave2.jpgVaporwave.jpg

Here is the link.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I love all the colors so choosing just one will be an issue. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I think I found another winner in this one. Winner.jpg

Tokyo Street Desk Mat Anime Japanese Mousepad Xl Kawaii - Etsy 

This one would be amazing and fit my red and orange aesthetic really well. 

Well I guess I have to confess that I never liked a pad. They frayed, got dirty, and got in the way. I not a gamer so a little out of the loop but those oversized pads are pretty cool. I like the purple one. Gonna have to rethink this.

Vynski
Exemplar

Hey Amber; That is a desktop that looks like you spend a lot of time at.  NICE!

About mouse pads now.  I have been a master woodworker for over 35 years.  

Here is my desk built from scratch.  I sawed the tree, cut the lumber with my own sawmill, finished and dried the lumber, designed the desk for MY use.  

The first one is when I first built the desk, notice the tint of the all cherry wood.  Time: around 2015?

The 2nd photo is Today: 09/19/2022.  Again notice how much the tint of the cherry wood has darkened.

The 3rd photo is my mouse pad, made the same time around 2015.

It is getting a little worn but the grain of the wood provides for excellent tracking.  I can simply sand it and refinish it.  I may try an epoxy - resin finish on it this time to see how it holds up.

Yester-yearYester-yearTodayTodaymouse padmouse pad

Ryzen 7 2700 / Radeon RX 480 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming / GSKILL Ripjaws 3200 / GAMIX S70 NVMe / Corsair 540 AIR / Sound Blaster Audigy 5 / Sansui SP 2000 speakers / Sansui AU999 amp / Samsung 27" Curved

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"