cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Looking for Computer Speakers?

I noticed this deal yesterday from an email that Klipsch sent me.  They are having a sale on several speakers, but the one that caught my eye was the ProMedia 2.0 Bluetooth Computer Speakers that are normally $99; these are similar to the 2.1 computer speakers except there is no subwoofer.  Normally I would rather have the ProMedia 2.1 set (And you know I like them - I have nine sets!), but when space is tight the two speakers by themselves are a better fit.  Also, they are currently priced at $59.  No shipping charge for ground FedEx, only tax will be added.  I will place these into service with MicroTron, which has a cheap set of speakers that are getting noisy and probably failing.  You can see the old speakers in the picture below.  I think this sale ends tonight!

What computer speakers do you use?  This isn't a question about headphones, just speakers.

Those small speakers on top are due for replacement!Those small speakers on top are due for replacement!

Here's the deal if you can get it before it ends.Here's the deal if you can get it before it ends.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
19 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Oh no, Al... Why did you have to share this with me?! One of my speakers for my turntable setup just went out, and I'm in the market for a new pair. Money is tight right now (wedding planning), but I'm seeing a pair of reference speakers for $380 (down from $500)......

idontneedit.gif

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Go with a set of Klipsch speakers and you'll be a happy man.  But do yourself a favor, clear it with your fiancé first.  Might as well get into that habit.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
AgCN3
Adept III

I'm still using my (now 10+ years old) Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Sound setup I bought from Fry's Electronics!! 🤣

Creative Inspire 5.1.jpg

You can see one of the satellite speakers up on the top-right corner of my desk in the "New Battle Stations" thread & next to the "Revenant" from Doom on the middle-right.  The Subwoofer is at my feet next to the Cyberpower UPS. 

Ryzen 9 5950X|Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6950XT|128GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600 (4x32)|ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIII|Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB|Corsair iCUE H150i AIO|Samsung G55A 32" Monitor|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Had a FPS Cambridge Sound Works 4.1 (still have them, they are amazing) and later on a Logitech 5.1 but can't remember the model. 

When i got kicked from my office the living room, they ran away...

The Englishman
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

@BigAl01 Are you using a Microwave for your computer case?

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

Yes, I gutted a broken microwave oven to create Micro-Tron.  

The microwave cavity after a few modding improvements.The microwave cavity after a few modding improvements.

Now I know why you have won The Rig of the mouth reward.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

Modding computer cases to make them unique is just a follow-on activity after you've built a few 'normal' computers.  It's a way to express my creative side I suppose.  

I hope you meant 'Rig of the Month' and not 'Rig of the Mouth' award!  🙂

Printer-to-Computer:  Winner of Maximum PC "Rig of the Month" (ROTM) in February 2005 issue!Printer-to-Computer: Winner of Maximum PC "Rig of the Month" (ROTM) in February 2005 issue!

Awol
Challenger

Have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 plus Wharfedale Diamond 11 CS centre speaker, really great sound for a reasonable price. 

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Are they the white version?  I bet they sound nice.

Wharfedale Diamond 11.2Wharfedale Diamond 11.2

0 Likes

Screenshot 2023-10-13 205923.pngScreenshot 2023-10-13 210030.png

The diamond series speakers were a great entry level speaker for the enthusiast. Brilliant sound without having to break the bank.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Ok, the black version.  Those should sound nice.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Today (13 October 2023 - Friday the 13th I might add) the ProMedia 2.0 speakers are back to their normal price 0f $99 a set.  I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

0 Likes

I have the ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified man and I love these, the sub is awesome and the sound nice and clear,
so if there are also on sale I would get them, but again i read has to do with space and such so. and also now read i'm late to the party lol

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Good questions AL, I'm also in the market for new speakers cause my current space doesn't really have room for my 5.1 system. Needs something desk size now. Plus I'm running my guitars through the PC when I'm playing so I can record anything cool I come up with. I need a good set of desktop speakers.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

The ones I posted above check the link i can vouch for these1 matter of fact have a second pair brand new in box, got 2 just in case it was during the cov so you know lol
klipsch-promedia-2-1-thx-certified 
BTW rn $117.99 on amazon
Klipsch-ProMedia-2.1-Computer-Speakers.png

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

From what I'm reading these would probably do the job nicely, everyone in here seems to be recommending them as well. Good to hear from someone who's also using them. The price is right as well.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

They are excellent speakers for the money.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

My set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.0 speakers arrived on Saturday and I got them hooked up earlier today (Sunday).  They sound decent, but not to the level of the Klipsch 2.1 ProMedia speakers I have connected to many computers on my LAN.  I cranked up the bass a bit and listened to King Crimson 'Elephant Talk' to dial them in.  

Good packaging; this box was within the shipping box.Good packaging; this box was within the shipping box.

Here is what you get.  You can plug a USB drive into the right speaker and play songs from that.  Nice.Here is what you get. You can plug a USB drive into the right speaker and play songs from that. Nice.

All hooked up.  These speakers also support Bluetooth, so you can pair your phone with it.All hooked up. These speakers also support Bluetooth, so you can pair your phone with it.