cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Looking for a new headset

Hello Red Team community! I'm looking for a new headset, preferably something wireless. I've been using the K rakens for a while now but the wire drives me nuts and I do have a Bluetooth headset, but it just doesn't sound good for gaming. I want to be able to hear those footsteps coming up behind me. Any recommendations? 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
9 Replies

I know they are not wireless but, you won't get better sound for the price and not only for gaming but they also handle music nicely.
Sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset older model 
Epos-pc38x-gaming-headset, newer model 
And if you are in the US i'm sure if you wait for black friday they will be on sale.
not what you asked for but think about it 😉 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks for the recommendation @elpuertorro . I was looking at the Sennheiser GSP 370 which seems to be the wireless version of those. Black Friday is also good idea.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Well I also saw these way better but, don't want to assume anything so i'll just leave the link here
sennheiser-momentum-4-wirele$$ lol 
But the ones you saw are also good those are from when Senn and Epos were still in the merge faze.
Epos is more like the gaming part of Senn now.
And these are the brand new step up of what you saw
h3pro-hybrid- .

Ahh ok, I didn't know they were separate at one point. Those momentum 4's look nice too, no boom stick, so if I wanted to take them out in public it wouldn't look so bad haha.

Awol
Challenger

https://uk.hyperx.com/collections/gaming-headsets/products/hyperx-cloud-alpha-wireless 

I used to have a pair of the HyperX Cloud Alpha, these were wired and the sound was amazing, really comfy and you didnt get any discomfort from long periods of use. Unfortunately for me the dog found them great and i came home a few days ago to find them in pieces. They do a wireless version which im looking at getting as the steel series headset a i bought as a quick replacement just aint cutting it.

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

If you want versatility (Jack, USB A or C), awesome MIC noise cancelling, detachable MIC, paracord cabling and a nice case.( No RGB)

Look no further than the RoG Strix GO 2.4

The only downside is: price and your stuck with armoury crate for sound settings.

The Englishman
Dragokar
Miniboss

Epos H6Pro open or closed as long as you can get them for wired version or MMX200 from Beyerdynamic. Keep in mind that EPOS is shutting down.

BigTacious
Adept III

Definitely strongly recommend you check out Sennheiser HD560S. Great headphones for the price, and they're known for being very accurate and good imaging with a wide-enough-soundstange. Because of that, they're regarded highly for picking up footstep audio. And not very expensive.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi

Or - if you're looking for wireless, check out the Audeze Maxwell. Great set.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi