cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Headsets, Headphones, Speakers, and Microphones... Oh my!

How's it going, Red Team?

I'm back with another recommendations request - or rather, a general post asking for your thoughts and preferences when it comes to audio accessories for your rigs.

I know this isn't a "traditional" part recommendation, but accessories need love too!

With that, I've been thinking about my audio setup for my current desk/throne. As far as voice-related accessories go, I switch between a headset (HyperX Cloud Core 7.1) and a microphone (Blue Yeti USB Mic) + headphones (Sony MDR-7506) / speaker (Klipsch ProMedia 2.1) setup.

The golden age/peak speakersThe golden age/peak speakers

I'm curious as to what you all use when at your computers, and if you have any particular headsets/headphones/mics/speakers you love using. Always open to new things!

When it comes to headsets/headphones, I always struggled to find ones that fit over my ears comfortably (I have big ears... it's a curse) - so if you're like me and found some that rule, let me know!

42 Replies
BigTacious
Adept III

I'd recommend badseed tech, joshua valour, headphones.com, DMS and Crinnacle's youtube channels if y'all are looking for recommendations 🙂

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi
0 Likes
tenzo23
Elite

Logitech Z313 2.1 Speakers - nothing special. Gets the job done and sounds similar to the Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers that lasted me for years. Decent sound after some EQ adjustments.

Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCIe sound card

Skullcandy Crusher EVO Wireless Headphones - sounds great, but not meant for reference/audiophile quality. The experience though is pretty amazing with its haptic bass feedback. Makes games, music, and movies come alive!

/sig Fun guy.
MikeySCT
Challenger

Back when I was into audio, fell down that slippery slope real bad, JBL LSR305's were the kickbutt speakers of choice, I was styling just fine with a pair of KRK Rokit5 G3's. Had to give up on those badboys as I simply do not have the desk space for monitors. I've since moved on to soundbars....

There are some pretty decent active monitor speakers for about 100USD from Micca and Edifier, Logtech speakers are great if your focus is on gaming and movies, and decent enough separation and imaging for an enjoyable gaming experience.

As for headsets, not my jam as I'm more of a headphone (HeadFi) kinda guy, with a decently price high resolution DAC combo. I don't use mics either, so I can't comment on them ...

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
0 Likes