cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

barweis
Adept I

Graphics cards compatible with small form factor builds

Build in Jonsbo C6 case constrained to 255mm card or less.
AMD has no 7000 series card compatible with case.

Remainder of build Asrock B650M PG Lightning WiFi, Ryzen 5 8600g for compatibility were there an AMD graphics card.

Show some love and consideration for the increasing wave of small form factor case builders by manufacturing 240 mm cards suitable for mITX and mATX  cases. Put your engineers on this to retake this niche from your competitors.

12 Replies

Gigabyte has one Radeon™ RX 6400 D6 LOW PROFILE 4G GPU card: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-R64D6-4GL#kf

I imagine sometime in the near future GPU card manufacturers will come out with Low Profile 7000 & 8000 Series GPU Cards. I guess once there is a good demand for those type of GPU cards they will be manufactured.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

This is why I like the much improved integrated graphics CPUs that have been coming out lately.  I didn't want to spend extra money on my 'Talk 2 The Hand' build since I wasn't planning on using it as a gaming machine.  I have it run Youtube videos while I'm gaming on my workbench computer 'Thinking Outside The Box-2 (TOTB-2)'.

All the computer parts are behind this artwork my son Tom made while in school to get his BA of Fine Arts.All the computer parts are behind this artwork my son Tom made while in school to get his BA of Fine Arts.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Mption
Adept II

the 7600xt is 241mm, not 240, but still less than your 255 max

That's the reference card, might be able to find a smaller 3rd party if you dig.

barweis
Adept I

A middle tier card 7700  or xt should be preferable for modest  gaming demands in order to show the latest and forthcoming media. That would complement the suite of apps that AMD designed for their combined effects in smooth display and playing.

I hope this is a reality for the move to lighter transportable systems as well as fitting into cramped living spaces.

Axxemann
Forerunner

A lot of cards end up pretty short once you pull the air cooler off and fit them with a water block. Jussayin' 😉

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Good point.  I also remember aftermarket air cooler's for the early video cards, like the 8800 GT and such.  Today, you don't think much about trying to replace the existing air cooler on a modern video card.

This video card has after-market heatsinks on the memory chips and an air cooer on the GPU.This video card has after-market heatsinks on the memory chips and an air cooer on the GPU.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Hiroki23
Adept II

I suggest an 8GB RX7600, this is because it has 204mm, in my experience it is a good size for Micro ATX cases, because if you don't leave space the airflow will not be correct and it will be difficult to manage the wiring

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

You can fit a full-sized GPU in the NR200P ITX case. I fit a 240 AIO and 4090FE in one. Great case!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
barweis
Adept I

Want more powerful card than those suggested for 1440p. RX 7700XT compatible but for size limit <255mm.

Ingenuity by AMD can do it.

joebangles
Adept III

There's a number of 7600XTs out now that will be under the 255mm -- some just barely. One problem is that AMD's Radeon chips use a lot of power, so it's a test to come up with a small form factor and still pack enough cooling in

Hello there ... Try looking for a 7600xt PowerColor Fighter its on the 300-330us price, but hear me out here, its a dual fan setup that goes below the 240mm and its cooling capabilities are pretty good ... i personally have this same model but on a 5700xt and its pretty efficient and cool for the size .. 7600xt.jpg

That sounds like an excellent choice for a small card.