cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Finding a Mouse that fits you best

I stumbled across an interesting Logitech web page that helps you identify the proper size computer mouse for your particular hands.  It helps you determine your hand size, the finger reach you should look for in terms of reaching the mouse buttons and things of this nature.  Personally, I've tried many types of mice.  I generally prefer the Kensington Slim Blade trackball mouse because I don't need to move my hand around so much.  I have a bad right-hand wrist from a motorcycle accident in 1983, so I'm easily fatigued in that hand.  But recently, I've found that a normal mouse is better for me when gaming.  Anyway, check out their web page and it might help you find the best mouse for your mousing hand.

Use this guide to determine your hand size.Use this guide to determine your hand size.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
16 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Has anyone bought a mouse and found that it just isn't working out ergonomically for their mousing hand?  Tell us why and what you did about it. 

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
AMD_cire
Challenger

Logitech B100 is the best

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

An $8.00 USD mouse is the best?  What makes it so special?

It's only $8 and designed for right or left hands.It's only $8 and designed for right or left hands.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

A large mouse not ambidextrous where I can lay comfortably all my hand and two fingers without having to squeeze/hold or do any sort of strength to move the mouse around.

A good glide, easy to clean with spare buttons, needs macros and at least 2 extra navigation buttons.

A DPI fast change is a bonus.

MY CHOICE: 
RoG Gladius II Origin (LEFT)

johnnyenglish_0-1697663473709.png

Fills ALL the above and has 3 Profile fast change, so you can map different macros for each profile.
Has a lovely carrying pouch, 2 detachable paracord cables (long and short). There is also a Tri-Connected version (cable/wifi/BT)

Example of profiles&macros:

PROFILE 1 - leftnavigation button = BACK
PROFILE 1 - rightnavigation button = FORWARD
PROFILE 1 - middle button = SCROLL
PROFILE 1 - dpi button = refresh
PROFILE 2 - leftnavigation button = Cut Section of Video
PROFILE 2 - rightnavigation button = Paste Section of Video
PROFILE 2 - middle button = Spllt Section of Video
PROFILE 2 -dpi button = Set dpi to 50 for slow precision work

and so on....  Had several mice but this one nailed it!

Changing is somewhat very fast with a combo of 2 keys. (VIDEO)
You know the profile has been changed because RGB changes too.

The Englishman

I think you've found your ultimate mouse.

Axxemann
Forerunner

I'm currently using a razer Deathadder V2. Feels pretty good in the hand, especially coming from a Cooler Master Devastator. Going to consider one of the bigger Steel Series so I don't have 47 applications for my peripherals.

Performance over Pretty.
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

The G502 is my favorite and the only mouse I genuinely have had zero issues using. 

cpurpe91_0-1697711691770.png

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have several of those on my LAN computers.  I need to remove the batteries when they are not in use, as there is some small parasitic drain even when the switch is turned off.  

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I have the wired model, so I don't have to worry about batteries. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Oh, I have four of the G602 model.

IMG_6307.jpeg

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I have heard of those. Are they good?

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think so, other than the slow drain on the battery.  They are accurate and feel good in your hand.  I don't use all the customizable buttons though.  I know some people buy these just for those buttons.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Once I stopped playing MMORPGs the extra macro buttons and such just seem useless to me. Maybe they are useful in games that are in depth simulator style games like Elite Dangerous, but I mostly use the two buttons on the side of the G502 for browsing the web. lol

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

The most important button for me is actually a wheel - the scroll wheel.  I need to scroll the zoom in and out quickly in World of Tanks, so I can get an accurate hit on the enemy tank, yet zoom out again to see what other tanks are pounding my behind.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

That is where the G502 is the best. You have a scroll unlock button that allows the scroll wheel to spin freely without any friction to stop it. 

Dragokar
Miniboss

The og MX518 or since years the Sharkoon Drakonia or Drakonia Black for me, fits perfectly the way I spread my hand.