cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Lilbroomstick
Journeyman III

did i pair my CPU/GPU correctly?

GPU: RX 6600 CPU: RYZEN 5 3600 Motherboard: Asrock B450 pro r2 RAM: 16GB crucial ballistix 3200mhz I always notice on most games my computer “struggles” to produce at least 60 fps at a consistent rate.

7 Replies
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

It's probably the GPU. I've got an RX 6800XT and it's fine. I had an RX6700XT and it was OK. An RX 6600 might be a bit underpowered, depending on the games you play. What are you playing? What kind of settings?

0 Likes

recently been playing new MW2 on the lowest settings, also on fortnite, beamng drive and many other games.

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Well, it also depends on the Resolution you are playing. I have a 6600 and 1080p gaming I can get 60+ FPS on BF2042 & DMZ.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

True. I'm running at 3440x1440. So, that makes a huge difference. And, of course, the OP could turn on the various upscaling technologies built into AMD drivers and games. I don't use them, but things like Radeon Super Resolution, Virtual Super Resolution and and FSR.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Make sure your RAM is running at it's rated 3200 speed (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

Make sure you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

Update your BIOS to latest

What power supply are you running? .. does your case have good airflow? What resolution are you playing at? How are your CPU/GPU temps?

the RX 6600 should be a great 1080p gamer with relatively high settings

The 5700xt, 6700xt, and now RX 6800 have all been great 1440p cards with all eye candy on/maxed in the games that I play for reference purposes .. even my daughters RX 580 4GB card was a decent 1080p gamer

You can open up Task Manager and check CPU/GPU usage while you are gaming to see if one or the other is causing a bottleneck .. I run a 5900x with an RX 6800 at 1440p and CPU usage will get up to 30% while GPU sits at around 98% so I know my CPU is not bottlenecking my GPU

ThreeDee PC specs
MADZyren
Paragon

Which games at which resolution?

- What PSU do you have? (brand, model,wattage?)
- Is that ballistix 1x16 or 2x8Gb? Is XMP enabled?
- Which CPU cooler do you have?
- How are your temps during gameplay (use HWINFO64 as administrator, sensors only, after a while of gaming, see what it reports as highest temps for CPU, GPU)
- Have you tried with side panel open?
- If you check Windows updates history, are there any stuck updates (does it say Succesfully installe on....) after every update?
- If you open task manager when not gaming, what is your CPU usage, memory usage and GPU usage?

Vynski
Exemplar

Does that board have a PCIe 4 slot.  Just checked and this is what I found.

Asrock B450 Pro4 R2.0.png

The RX 6600 is a PCIe 4 card and running it in a PCIe 3 x16 slot will most likely affect performance.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"