cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Cooler Master QUBE 500 Flatpack - the IKEA of cases!

This fully modular and customizable case from Cooler Master is quite interesting.  I bet it comes in a very small (but heavy) package, just like most self-assembly items from IKEA.  I like the fact that you can use this as a work bench test rig, swapping parts in and out as you review components (something I have done many years ago, like this.)       

What do you folks think about this style of case?  Could you see your next build inside the QUBE 500?

This case goes for about $90 USD.  Not a bad price.This case goes for about $90 USD. Not a bad price.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
7 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

well well it can be inverted, maybe i need to research this case a little more as my next buy...

edit: after a few minutes of research i have determined my cpu cooler is too tall for this case by 1mm, and too tall by 8mm with the cosmetic top cover attached. alas...

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That's too bad.  Maybe a smaller CPU cooler?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

i love my big noctua u14s though. it might just barely fit without the top cover on it i imagine. my custom 24 pin cable might even be able to be reused. probably not much else though, and i need to make new 8pin connectors for my gpu. but dropping 80 bucks on another noctua to fit in this case, i might as well buy a different case thats about the same price thats been on my amazon list for a few months. one of them went down in price recently, even

rtbh99_0-1698435763358.png

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Axxemann
Forerunner

Nah. I don't think I'll be retiring the Meshify 2 any time soon.

Performance over Pretty.
otacon
Adept III

I have been considering getting one. Looks like quite a nice case to build. The handle and rotated configurations look really nice.

Anthoering
Adept II

Not a fan of this.  It looks so generic to me.

But, being a modder, I can see all sorts of things possible with this case.  It would be easy to cut and drill too, since the pieces come apart.

0 Likes