cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

brandonisquick
Journeyman III

Before I buy the ram

Hi, im about to order some ram for my pc and before spending all the money on it I want someone else to doublecheck im not making a mistake I dont know about them website checkers are very confusing. 

Motherboard - prime b450-plus

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz

And the Ram I am interested in is - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09DNPVR64?psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Any help would be appreciated 

1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

That memory kit is not present on the Boards QVL, so its not guaranteed that will work at 3600Mhz

If its just gaming that you seek, for pure FPS perspective.

You will be better served with 2x8Gb single rank like this kit, however, G.Skill is saying its EOL, so it could be a hard grab.

https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/168/1536202856/F4-3600C15D-16GTZ-EOL-Specification 

johnnyenglish_0-1706823680535.png

They are rated for 3600, probably the sweet spot for that CPU and they are present on the Boards QVL.

But let me be clear, this is what ASUS states on the QVL, I cannot say for 100% they'll work.

This is my suggestion because G.Skill has an amazing reputation and you get more from low latency plus high speed ram. 32Gb in fact is not much better for games than 16Gb. You can browse yourself on Youtube for comparisons.

Cyberpunk 

johnnyenglish_1-1706824182018.png

Good Luck

The Englishman

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

That memory kit is not present on the Boards QVL, so its not guaranteed that will work at 3600Mhz

If its just gaming that you seek, for pure FPS perspective.

You will be better served with 2x8Gb single rank like this kit, however, G.Skill is saying its EOL, so it could be a hard grab.

https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/168/1536202856/F4-3600C15D-16GTZ-EOL-Specification 

johnnyenglish_0-1706823680535.png

They are rated for 3600, probably the sweet spot for that CPU and they are present on the Boards QVL.

But let me be clear, this is what ASUS states on the QVL, I cannot say for 100% they'll work.

This is my suggestion because G.Skill has an amazing reputation and you get more from low latency plus high speed ram. 32Gb in fact is not much better for games than 16Gb. You can browse yourself on Youtube for comparisons.

Cyberpunk 

johnnyenglish_1-1706824182018.png

Good Luck

The Englishman

Decided to delete my reply since it will only confuse you more.

But according to your Asus Motherboard QVL List for 3rd Generation Processors (AKA 3000 series CPUs) it lists one set of 32GB of RAM Memory by Hyper-X (4x8GB modules in 4 Dimm Slots) @3600Mhz and it also lists a second 32GB RAM set by G-Skill but only compatilbe in 2 Dimm Slots and not 4 Dimm Slots thus only good for 16GB of  RAM.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 173554.png

Went to G-Skill RAM Configurator and the fastest RAM Memory it shows for your Asus Motherboard is 3200MTs and no 32GB sets at that speed.

NOTE: FYI - Dimm Slots are the RAM Memory Slots on your motherboard.

amplighter
Adept III

Although you may have already located your solution, just wanted to point out that I used the crucial.com site which helped me isolate and locate the best possible upgrade for my system. Going from 8Gb to 32Gb (the system limit) has helped tremendously.