Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

lylcoop
Adept I

amd rx 570 4 gb upgrade question please

Hello all,

I have an HIS AMD Radeon 4GB RX 570 in my cyber power PC and I can no longer play my games... I called the number on my PC and they said I needed to get an RX 6800 with 8 or 16 GB .

My question is, will an AMD Radeon RX 570 with 8GB instead of 4GB work?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated as I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. 

4 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey, @lylcoop!

So first things first - there are many factors at play here that would impact what kind of graphics card (GPU) you may need to upgrade to.

Some initial information that would benefit us sharing our insights:

• Can you share your PC specs? Processor (CPU), Motherboard, Power Supply, etc. If you have a custom-built Cyber Power PC rig, would you happen to have a link to it?

• Second, what kind of games do you currently play and are interested in playing? Your current GPU (the RX 570) is around 5-6 years old now, and although it's solid, newer games have certainly stepped up and are a bit more demanding on hardware to keep up.

We're more than happy to help elaborate on anything if you need some guidance here, so please don't hesitate to ask! You're definitely in the right place 😁

Thank you!  The games I am mainly playing now are SWTOR (Star Wars) and also Subnautica sub zero. I was told to get a RX 6600 8 or 16 gb which are expensive and I was wondering if a AMD Radeon 570- 8 gb (mine is 4 gb) would suffice? 

My specs are below:
And thank you very much for the assist!

OS Name     Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version     10.0.19045 Build 19045
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-MSA7DIQ
System Manufacturer     To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model      To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor   AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P4.00, 7/16/2020
SMBIOS Version    3.2
Embedded Controller Version   255.255
BIOS Mode   UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer  MSI
BaseBoard Product A320M/ac
BaseBoard Version 
Platform Role     Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration      Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory  C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale      United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.19041.2251"
User Name   DESKTOP-MSA7DIQ\lylco
Time Zone   Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)     32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory   31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory     28.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory    36.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory      32.8 GB
Page File Space   4.75 GB
Page File   D:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection   Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support     Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions      Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
0 Likes

Went to Game Debate and inputted your hardware for the game Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire: https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=23280&game=Star%20Wars%3A%20The%20Old%20Republic%3A...

Screenshot 2023-03-08 161841.pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 162053.png

Click on the upper right corner those blue boxes to show you which CPU and GPU can run this game or other games.

This is for the game Subnautica - Below Zero from the same link as above: https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35710&game=Subnautica%3A%20Below%20Zero&p_make=AMD&...

Screenshot 2023-03-08 162756.png

Screenshot 2023-03-08 163048.png

According to Game Debate website your hardware is able to run those two games but probably not in Ultra settings.

Adding to Wally_AMD go to these Gaming Website and click on "CAN I RUN IT":

System Requirements Lab.com - Can I Run It 

PC Game Benchmark.com - Can I Run It

Game Debate - Can I Run It 

The above links  with show you the Minimum System Requirements needed and if your Hardware and driver version are able to play the games you say doesn't work any more.

Plus it might also recommend GPU Cards to matches the minimum requirements for you to run the games you want.