cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

disks86
Journeyman III

VK_KHR_push_descriptor ?

Are there any plans to add support for the VK_KHR_push_descriptor extension in the windows vulkan driver? For my project to work well I need it. It works with radv under Linux but not with the official driver on windows.

0 Likes
1 Solution

0 Likes
5 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

OpenGL & Vulkan forum looks appropriate place to ask this query. I'm moving it there.

Also, you have been whitelisted now.

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff

We'd discussed this topic internally for a while, but I don't have any updates that could be published as of now.  To make your project/application move forward, I would rather suggest a more effective way to update descriptors: VK_KHR_descriptor_update_template.

Hopefully, this could help.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. My project has been using push descriptors for some time so this isn't holding up my project. So far nobody has opened an issue about the lack of AMD GPU support on windows but I would still like to support them. It sounds like i may need a special code path if there are no plans to support this extension. For clarity I'm the author of vk9. In that use case I don't know the resources in advance which is why I'm using push descriptors.

Hi @xhuang, do we have any update ?

0 Likes

Thank you AMD today I have seen VK_KHR_push_descriptor!

http://vulkan.gpuinfo.org/displayreport.php?id=15302#device

0 Likes