cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

WCSE1
Journeyman III

6000 series DirectX3D hangs

Hello, I'm working on a D3D11 game and we're seeing crash reports exclusively from 6000 series GPUs. I've installed a 6700 XT and reproduced the crash. The D3D debug layer simply outputs "D3D11: Removing Device" and reports the reason as a device hang. I'm reaching out here for help troubleshooting the issue, and to let the driver team know in case it ends up being a driver issue.

Added context The crash itself is downstream of the device removal, and so far we haven't found which call triggers a device hang. I've reproduced the crash on driver versions 22.5.2, 22.11.2, and 23.3.1. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @WCSE1 ,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Could you please provide a minimal test-case that reproduces this issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes
WCSE1
Journeyman III

At the moment, no. The code/data surface area is too large until I can find what's triggering the device removal. If there's a diagnostic tool or log for the AMD drivers/gpu that might help identify the trigger, that would be great. Either way, I'll report back here once I've found it.

0 Likes
WCSE1
Journeyman III

Looks like the device removal was caused by an unbound constant buffer in pixel shaders, and our code was devilishly suppressing the d3d debug layer from reporting it.

0 Likes