cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Workbenches

I'm not the best with my hands, so when it comes to woodworking building a bench is off the table. I am just curious what you all use to assemble PC builds, and other work that requires a nice space to work with. Looking around, there are a lot of options and I just don't know what I want out of it, and what features I would like to have. Any help deciding goes a long way. Thanks in advance.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
6 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

I use my dining table. When I don't have PC parts on it, my cat's food & water dishes are there. I eat supper at my desk. The joys of bachelor life 🙂

Performance over Pretty.
alejito480
Adept II

i'm just a **bleep** monkey and use my bed to PC builds. Nothing bad happened so far... yet. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D |MSI X570 Unify| PowerColor Red Devil RX6750 XT | 32GB RAM 3200 Mhz

I did that for a while. Almost ruined a dimm slot. Lol

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
eebiii
Forerunner

I use one of these for work and building. It folds up easy and is solid! Can hold up to 1000lbs.

DEWALT 33 in. H Plastic Folding Portable Sawhorse Workbench DWST11556 - The Home Depot

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I got my workbench from my dad; it's well built and very sturdy.  When we eventually move, I'll probably leave it behind though because it does take up a lot of room.  Pictures of it are here: https://community.amd.com/t5/off-topic-discussions/fixing-stuff/m-p/630291#M2955

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
lowteck
Miniboss

As The Verge once said "first you need a table"

Expanding-table-ezgif.com-resize (1).gif

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...