cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What to do with old PC cases.

I have a couple cases that are broken and can't be used, unless I spend some money for new buttons. 

One is the Rosewill Cube Mini ITX/Micro ATX case. 

cpurpe91_0-1699573605350.jpeg

The other is an older case with an acrylic side panel that I can't identify.

I am thinking about what I can do with them. The Rosewill might be able to be turned into a terrarium if I were to cut the top open and cut out the motherboard tray. Another idea I had was to use the glass for something. Maybe I could get the smaller piece laser etched and hang it up on my wall or attach a kickstand kind of thing and keep it on my desk. 

I have no clue what to do with the plastic case. It might just be suited for recycling at an e-waste station. 

If anyone has ideas, it would help. I kind of want to keep the Rosewill, since it was the first case I built in. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

If they are at such a point of being un-usable.

Its time for a overclock.

Over the clock?

https://youtube.com/shorts/LmG690Cyb58?si=UPVuC_zFLhRcxWEC 

The Englishman

That's great. XD

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Don't just toss it unless you are running out of space.  Some people are going back and modding the older beige cases from the 1990's.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

I tossed my old TT Versa H22 into the steel scrap bin at a nearby machine shop.

Performance over Pretty.
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I pulls the guts out so I can use them in custom cases. The metal tray for the MB and rear io slots come in handy for mods

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED