cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Travel Hacking / Taking advantage of points

I'm wondering if anyone here already does, or considers themselves to be quite an expert in "Travel Hacking" / "Point Collecting" ?

I am looking at planning a trip to Greece potentially in 2025, and I have started reading up on all things travel points and it is SO fascinating!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Thats interesting. The most I ever did is going after discounts on Revolut when booking hotels or employee benefits. 

The Englishman
0 Likes
AkiraPatterson
Journeyman III

I'm absolutely hooked on travel hacking! Bagged a sweet deal using points for a trip to Japan last year. Exploring temples and sushi spots without breaking the bank was a game-changer. However, I also hope to get on this tour (www.costaricafocus.com) this year. Dive into those points - it's like unlocking a travel treasure chest!

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I love using gadventures! Authentic trips and doesn't break the bank. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
lowteck
Miniboss

I opened credit cards with airlines and was able to get enough air miles for multiple tickets.

I shifted my gas/restaurant/food expenses to these cards and was able to gain significant miles quickly.

Cheers,

low

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
0 Likes
acartin
Journeyman III

It's an excellent strategy. Last year, I traveled through various parts of Colombia. I'm a bird enthusiast, and we thoroughly enjoyed that country. Now, my goal is to see the magnificent Resplendent Quetzal in Costa Rica. I read an incredible article about the Quetzal here: https://ticorural.com/attractive-and-magestic-the-quetzal-in-costa-rica/ , and now I'll use all my miles to visit that beautiful country

0 Likes