cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Quackedbyme
Journeyman III

Something is wrong with my backround applications

I have searched this up for months and i cant solve this. When ever i have a game running and i alt tab, the application i alt tab to Is super laggy and its really annoying. Please help me with this its really frustraiting and i dont know what the problem is.

I have a Radeon RX 6600XT, Ryzen 7 5700G, and windows 11. These are the things i think it might be.

0 Likes
9 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried running "SFC /scannow" in elevated command prompt?  This could be caused by corruption in the OS. If this doesn't work, how much RAM are you using, and what motherboard do you have? If you can find the information it helps us to list the make and model of your components, Motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM Configuration, Storage, and PSU. An example of GPU make and model would be "Asus ROG Strix AMD RX 6800 OC".  

What GPU drivers are you using, and is your chipset driver up to date?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

512 gb hard drive, 32 gb of ddr4 ram, windows 11 pro and i dont know my mother board its a prebuilt

0 Likes

It should show up in your BIOS, or you can find out that info by doing this:

1. On the Windows desktop screen, press Windows+X to open the Power User Task Menu.
  2. Select the Run option in the menu.
  3. In the Run text field, type msinfo32 and press Enter.
Performance over Pretty.

If it is a HDD and not an SSD then try defragmenting and see if that helps.  But, honestly I suspect that your drive is about full.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Try running DDU and uninstalling the video drivers and reinstalling current drivers.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

0 Likes

Yep.

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Download CPUID CPU-Z and keep it in your Start Menu.  Also Download Tech Power Up GPU-Z and keep it in your Start menu.  If you want a complete list of what is on your computer download Belarc Advisor and install it.

Belarc link:  https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Sounds to me like your about out of room on your 512GB drive.