Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

SubtleIQ
Adept III

It is Done... For now...

20220808_212441.jpg20220808_212657.jpg

The Parts:

PS:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P6 80 Plus Platinum 1000W (previous power supply was dying)

MB:    ASUS TUF Gaming x570 PRO WiFi (had to replace AMD Santa MB, had issues with previous PCIe slot)

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x /w Fan (courtesy of AMD Santa)

GPU:  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING (will be replaced)

MON: LG 27GP850-B 27” QHD HDR 1440p Nano IPS (will want a 2nd)

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 PC4-41000 (currently running at 4200MHz vs 5066)

SSD:  WD_Black SN850 1TB NVMe (Partitioned 253GB OS Drive, 677GB Data/Storage Drive)
          WD Black SN850 2TB NVMe (Gaming Drive)
          Adata 480GB Storage Drive (will be replaced)

SND: Creative SBS E2900

PAD:  Bionik VULKAN Advanced Wired/Wireless/Bluetooth (Have to be able to game on Mobile)

UPS:  CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave 1000W

MS/KB:  Corsair Strafe RGB KB

Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite

Case: Thermaltake View 31 RGB

Cooling: 3 140mm ARGB

2 120mm Corsair Air Series SP120 3pin (will be replaced)

1 200mm Noctua NF-A20 PWM 4pin (will get 1 more for Top of case, maybe 1 for the bottom)

Idle Temp: 41 GPU/CPU Package.

Got this case for the insane cooling options:

81DQPvYnV0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And the crazy amount of space.

So that is it for now.  When I get the rest of the fans, GPU, I will do a final update as well as submit for Rig of the Month 😉 and will take more pics.  Thank you for your patience everyone.

Michael Alan Horton
15 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Spicy build my friend. 

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

I'm happy to see you're back @SubtleIQ. I'll be sure to tell AMD Santa the parts he sent you have been put to work! Are you playing any games at the moment? 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Screenshot_8.png

Um so staying focused on just one game does not work anymore.  I play whatever I am in the mood for atm.  And these for the time being are what I am focused on.  So I will be busy for a good while.  Though I will say, when they release all of Final Fantasy VII Remake, I will focus on just 1 game, I probably have the right number of games to keep me busy till then.  Well that and the KoToR remake they are working on.

Michael Alan Horton
Justifier
Challenger

I approve.

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes
Justifier
Challenger

MON: LG 27GP850-B 27” QHD HDR 1440p Nano IPS (will want a 2nd)

Highly recommend you consider a widescreen monitor if you want a 2nd

I have two high end 16:9 monitors, 1 for 4k gaming/high fidelity editing, 1 for 1080p gaming high fps.

I feel like I would have been better served just getting a single high-end widescreen monitor for my use case, and I've yet to see even one example of someone saying they regretted getting a ultrawide, though there does seem to be some discussion about whether or those who do like the curve they got

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes

I wil have to decide when I decide, but simply I have a limit to what I am willing to invest.  4k is simply too much atm.  And they are already making 8k really?  And supposedly to tell the difference from 4k to 8k requires you to be 1 foot away from the screen.  I dunno.  To be honest... I do not care anymore.  I rather they focus on dot pitch.  But I want a 2nd screen for discord/surfing, not to increase my gaming space.

Michael Alan Horton
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Looks great @SubtleIQ - looks like you ended up going with Green Glow? Or does the RGB cycle?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes

It cycles atm, the cpu fan is being a pain. Aura creator is set to use cpu temp for fan color (up to 65 green, up to 84 yellow, red 85 and above) but I have not figured out how to make it stay that way, yet.  The case fans are independent sadly, the 5pin fans are connected to a  control box that plugs into mb with 4pin.  So all of those will be gutted and replaced.  My LED Sync on my video card simply will not run, and I am still trying to figure out where it is installed.  The app led sync is greyed out, so I am guessing my video card just lights up as white. To be honest temp colors for my cpu/gpu and I will be golden.  I have had led fans since they were created.  And to be honest I do not notice them at all unless I am actively looking at them.  So I am not even sure if I want to get led fan replacements.  Like I said temp colors on my cpu/gpu and I will be golden...simple glace at case will let me know everything I want to know. 

Michael Alan Horton
0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Looking good.  I find that fan / radiator diagram interesting.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Great build!

.. I do have one teeny tiny itty bitty suggestion though ..  you might want to flip your PSU over so it's drawing and exhausting it's own air from underneath the case instead of competing with your GPU fans causing the PSU and the GPU to run a smidge warmer

ThreeDee PC specs

Nice catch indeed!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Err underneath the power supply, there are no vents, completely solid if I recall, so regardless of how the fan works on the power supply, covering it is not a solution.  But I will have to look, if there are vents, I will surely flip it.

Michael Alan Horton
0 Likes

bottom of your casebottom of your case

It's a rare thing for a case these days with a bottom mounted PSU to not have a vent on the bottom 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

LOL Sweet I was going to check later when I turned my PC off tonight, but now I do not even need to look. Thanks.

Michael Alan Horton
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Great catch! I didn't notice, and I agree with you!

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT