cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

How do you take care of you gear?

How or do you even take care of your gaming gear?

I'm very demanding with my stuff, I want them to last. However, they are not a museum piece of art, they need to be used normally.

In order to make them stay in shape, I'm constantly cleaning and maintaining them.

- 2x Weekly dust clean on the PC
- Monthly clean on the mouse with a rubber treatment product
- Mouse/Keyboard mat steam cleaned once every 3 months
- Leather treatment on the headset once a month
- 2x year keycap cleaning on the keyboard

Example of a 3 year old daily driver mouse

johnnyenglish_0-1697912477348.png

This is what I use on the mouse rubber parts (It was from my car detail products)

johnnyenglish_1-1697912535109.png

My Steam Cleaned Mouse Mat 

Give some of your tips or If you want more, just shout.. reply 😉

The Englishman
7 Replies
lowteck
Miniboss

I bought a micro compact air duster that I use once a fortnight on all of my PC's.

120 MPH 450 CFM120 MPH 450 CFM

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

You don't even need CPU cooler with that.  😁

The Englishman
jaandoh
Challenger

I haven't open the case cover for about 4 years 😂

otacon
Adept III

I give my case and hardware a dusting when I am installing new hardware, but otherwise never. I keep my area tidy and dust free, vacuuming frequently stops most dust from building up in my case or on my keyboard.
My mouse is fairly worn as I have had it for about 8 years, but I recently soldered new switches on and it feels brand new.

warpfact0r10
Paragon

My little Senco air compressor I purchased for $100 10 years ago has gotten so much use- mostly dusting out the PC! Vastly better than wasting money on caned air.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Air compressors, lots of qtips and alcohol and electronics contact/ board cleaner for the controllers and MB

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Vynski
Exemplar

I disconnect everything and roll it out to the shop with a hand truck.  Then I take the covers off and use the air compressor set at 60 lbs of pressure on the regulator and deep clean it about 3 times per year.  Of the 4 desktops I do this on mine and my wife's because they are used every day.  The other 2 are on an as needed basis since have specific tasks and don't run most of the time.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes