Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Happy Canada Day & Independence Day

KeyJ_4-1688591207387.jpeg

KeyJ_2-1688591182216.jpeg

Canada and the USA both celebrated their national days this past weekend. For most of us who enjoy the long weekend, it is less about reminding the British about their defeat 😛 - but more about spending time with friends and family!

So for those of you who celebrated one of these two days, how did you enjoy your weekend?

PXL_20230704_153646521-01.jpeg

Mine was spent at my in-law's cabin with my family in a remote part of Canada.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
6 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

I did a whole lot of nothin'! I ended up getting sick this past week, so I've been dealing with that - no hot dogs/grillin' for this guy. That view is a beaut, btw! Looks peaceful.

Sorry to hear that you were ill. Hope you get better soon.

Same for me. Had the flu all week.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
jamesc359
Forerunner

It was a really quiet holiday for the most part. The exception was watching the local fireworks show. I was only about 300 feet from where they were launching the shells, so I had a front row seat to the show. There's nothing quite like being so close to the fireworks that you can feel the concussive  shock wave of each shell.

Pro-Tip, bring your ear plugs!

morphinebear
Adept III

In hindsight I should have left the city to avoid the firework smoke. Instead, I made a steak and played CS:GO. Since (American) July 4 lied on Tuesday, had to work the next day.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

My family had a gathering the 3rd with grilled bratwurst, and burgers. We ate food, hung out, and just relaxed. At the end of the night my brother-in-law lit off some fireworks, and we called it a night.

The 4th my family went to the local parade, where I got there late because I'm indecisive. I couldn't make up my mind, whether I wanted to go or stay home. I made it just in time to see the horse at the very end of the parade. Later that night we found an empty lot and set up there to watch the fireworks show put on by the city. After the show, I walked around the carnival as it was closing up. Then my brother-in-law, my sister, my friend, and I relaxed and talked about random life stuff until around 1AM.

All in all, it was a nice time. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB