cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Do you put up December holiday decorations before Thanksgiving arrives?

I know you're out there, just itching to get those lights up and the other festive things that help us celebrate the December holidays.  But wait, what about Thanksgiving?  In the USA, we celebrate that first and in fact, it's in just a few days.  You're not going to spoil our Thanksgiving by putting up Christmas, Kwanza, and Chanukah stuff.  I mean, I would if I could, but my wife would tear them down.  I do have my holiday letter already written and there is a box of holiday cards right next to my monitor.  I even have holiday stamps ready to go.  

So, have any of you put up any, and I mean anything, for the December holidays?  Be honest.  We all know the stuff is in the stores already.  Now is you chance to get that burden off your chest and clear your conscience.

These marshmallow figures are cute, but not before I have a few bites of Thanksgiving turkey!These marshmallow figures are cute, but not before I have a few bites of Thanksgiving turkey!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
3 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

Thanksgiving is in October. I get REALLY twitchy if I see anything Xmas related before Remembrance Day. 

Performance over Pretty.
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

No xmas decorations until Halloween is over

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

On the flip side, how many people took down all their Christmas decorations either on or before January 1st 2024?  I took the outside lights down a few days after Christmas and we took down our Christmas tree today (01 Jan 2024); I had to wait for my wife to take the ornaments off and safely put away into her storage boxes, before I could disassemble the artificial Christmas tree that we've had for over 20 years.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes