Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

trammygombez
Journeyman III

Can I Play "Server Slam" on My Laptop?

Hi, Everyone

I'm excitedly looking forward to participating in the upcoming "Server Slam" game event, scheduled to take place from May 12th to 14th. However, I'm uncertain whether my current laptops 8gb ram meets the requirements to run the game smoothly.

To give you an idea of my laptop's specifications, here they are:

Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H (9th generation)

RAM: 16GB DDR4

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6GB VRAM)

Storage: 512GB SSD

Display: 15.6-inch Full HD (1920x1080)

I've checked the official system requirements for "Server Slam," but they seem to be quite demanding. Before making any assumptions or rushing to buy a new laptop, I wanted to seek the advice of experienced gamers in this community.

Have any of you played "Server Slam" on a similar laptop configuration? If so, could you please share your experience? Were you able to run the game smoothly, and if not, what issues did you encounter? Any adjustments or optimizations you made to enhance performance would be greatly appreciated.

Moreover, if there's anyone who has specific knowledge about the game's system requirements or has participated in a previous "Server Slam" event, your insights would be invaluable. Please let me know if my laptop has the potential to handle the game or if it falls short.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I'm eager to hear your thoughts and recommendations so that I can prepare for an optimal gaming experience during the "Server Slam" event!

3 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

Hey @trammygombez 

So looking at the official requirements for Diablo4 https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/251518 they are asking for a minimum spec of:

Minimum Requirements
1080p native resolution / 720p render resolution, low graphics settings, 30fps

• I assume you meet this.
  • Processor: Intel® Core i5-2500K or AMD FX-8350
    • You meet this requirement.
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
  • DirectX®: Version 12
    • I assume you meet this requirement.
  • Storage: SSD with 90 GB available space

If you are looking at their recommended specs:

Medium (Recommended Requirements)
1080p resolution, medium graphics settings, 60fps

• Processor: Intel® Core i5-4670K or AMD R3-1300X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • You do not meet this requirement.
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 470
  • DirectX®: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 90 GB available space

--

In summary, you should be fine to run Diablo 4 at minimum settings, possibly even mixing in some medium settings. From my past experience, Diablo games are generally not incredibly resource heavy - I remember playing Diablo 3 comfortably on an old old work laptop.

Diablo itself says: "Diablo IV will attempt to run on hardware below minimum specifications, including HDDs, dual-core CPUs, and Integrated GPUs. However, the game experience may be significantly diminished."

So feel comfortable that you can load the slam, and once you play that - you will know if you should buy the full game if you will play it on your laptop. Also, double-check that you have XMP enabled for your RAM (this is done through your BIOS - just google your laptop and how to access BIOS/XMP).

Good luck and see you in Sanctuary!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
lgndk11r
Adept I

Played with my Ryzen laptop the past Public Beta, so you should be good.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H

RAM: 32GB DDR4

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (6GB VRAM)

Storage: 512GB SSD

Display: 15.6-inch Full HD (1920x1080)

Did it all through Wi-fi as well. As long as you've got a good Internet connection, you should be good.

Tip: Play until Level 20 to get the additional character titles and the Beta Wolf Pup backpack, which will carry over if you buy the game.

Key-J
Paragon

Hey @trammygombez - wondering how the Server Slam went for you?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes