cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Black Friday - What are you looking for?

screenshot-header-black-friday-2019.jpg

Hate it or love it, it is coming back! Friday the 25th is Black Friday - which we all know is the largest shopping days of the year. Are you looking forward to something this Black Friday or perhaps Cyber Monday?

I'm sure AMD might have something coming down the pipeline, you can even see some deals in their direct buy here: https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/ca (Canada Link)

Me, I am looking forward to upgrading my RAM, and perhaps buying an NVMe. Not the most exciting I know, but it is what I need 😛

What about you guys? Anything a little more exciting than mine? 😛

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
28 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I'm hoping the Lian Li Uni-fan SL Infinity 120mm Fan kits go on sale. Those things are gorgeous! I'd even consider going with a new Board and Processor, but I think I'm going to wait until Intel pushes AMD's prices down a bit. They have already lowered prices in China, so hopefully, that will happen here next.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

I really hope they go on sale too.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I love this:

So...

=erheem=

..here is my bucket list. Lets see if something appears with great discount. If not, well.... at least my wallet won't get mad at me.

RoG Helios case

RoG Wingwall

Goovee Glide Hexa Lights

iRobot Braava Jet

Echo Show 8

😄

The Englishman

I've been thinking about picking up some ambient lighting. I just have a perimeter ceiling LED strip right now, but would love more.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
jamesc359
Forerunner

I'm not really looking to spend a lot this year. I already picked up a 55" 4k TV from the big W's pre-BF sale. I might be tempted to get a couple Switch games if the price is right. Namely Metroid Dread or Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I'm not looking for anything PC related unless an extremely good deal on an GPU shows up that's too good to pass on.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I need a gaming chair for my den that has three computers in it.  One of my chairs is really falling apart, with bits of vinyl falling off.  Problem is, we have a few cats inside and then love to claw the backs of chairs.  I hate to get anything expensive and watch it be destroyed over the next year.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Pepe1
Adept II

I'm waiting for the RX 7800 XT.

eebiii
Miniboss

AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX | AMD 

AMD Ryzen™ 9 7950X Processor | AMD

EK-Quantum Vector² RE RX 7900 XTX D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi

Its 4am and I am on my first cup of coffee. 🙂 I could get very creative with these 4 parts. You were looking for my black Friday dream list, right?

EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB - AM5 Nickel + Plexi Water Block 

Sam_CO
Adept II

Just did an interim upgrade on my vid card as my 2nd monitor would go black occasionally for no reason. I was planning on waiting for the mid range releases, but since those are months away . . . .
Wasn't willing to spend more than $300, as I'm waiting to see what the specs on the 7700 and 7800 are next year. So I went to the dark side and threw in an RTX 3060. Cheapest well performing card for 3d rendering  I could get within my self imposed limit. (brand new even)

Just bought an XP Pen Artist pro 13.3 inch drawing tablet though. Love it.

So right now it will either be a 27 inch Viewsonic VP monitor to replace one of my 24 inch (an old cheap SamSung that can't color calibrate correctly like my 24 inch Viewsonic VP does, as it doesn't have enough brightness or contrast),  or an EVGA XR1 pro HDMI capture device. Depends on whether the monitor goes on sale  which way I'll go.

The rest of my system is set. 5900X that overclocks very stable to 4.7 ghZ average while only at 61 C under extended full load, memory maxed out on the MB, over 5 TB of storage between different drives.

Other than a that buying the Studio version of resolve is on my list as a purchase for later, unless they have a killer deal over black Friday / Cyber Monday. Then that would switch my decision about the monitor.

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

eeee, I love the holidays! Originally, I didn't plan on anything. But recently decided to upgrade my partner's computer as a Christmas gift. SO I am on the hunt for: 

BUT if anyone has any recommendations on AIO coolers or power supplies - I'm all ears. I need to make a post in PC building... I'll do that today 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Here's a link to my post if anyone has any recommendations! 😄 https://community.amd.com/t5/pc-building/upgrading-my-partners-pc-christmas-gift/td-p/558168

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

I've heard that the MSI A850GF PSU and MSI Mag Core Liquid C360 AIO are great 😉

----------
Johnths2
Adept I

Is that supposed to be a black friday discount.
Man that is expensive.

0 Likes
terminalgain
Adept II

Case upgrade and/or GPU depending on prices.

SiN_Fury
Adept II

Finishing up my friend's build with a 4K capable graphics card. I already see some 6900XT cards for ~$650, so if it goes even further down (~$550), or a better model like a Nitro or Red Devil card gets down in the $650 range, I'm pulling the trigger.

smiller
Adept I

Yep, I've been looking forward to black Friday and cyber Monday all year! Unfortunately, my gaming rig hardware is complete. However, I'm only looking for more internal storage. I have so many Steam, Origin and Ubisoft games that my 2tb NVME, 2tb M.2 and 2tb SSD are almost full. Yes, I have all 3 storage types in one rig, LOL. But, there's some sweet 4tb nvme and m.2's I've been eyeing all year. As well as external storage options too. I can't wait to upgrade them for a reasonable price.

I remember a friend telling me in 1982 "who needs more than 10 MB of storage".  Yeh!  

How things have changed.  If you put in an 8TB NVMe drive you would fill it within 2 years.  

I think Seagate and WD have some of the USB 14TB drives for under $300.  Now these are 5400 rpm drives and I'm not that familiar with transfer speeds.  I have several 7200 rpm drives, both Seagate and WD and I have had a couple of 10,000 rpm drives in the past.  I have run test on a Kingston Fury SSD and a Seagate Barracuda 2TB and surprisingly the Barracuda had faster write speeds than the Kingston Fury.  Read speeds were not that much better on the Kingston than the Barracuda.

Now they will not perform near the NVMe drives but you do have the massive storage.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
red5
Miniboss

Chairs for my setup, some more peripherals, a couple monitors, 1 or 2 decent graphics cards, maybe a couple gaming desks. I only have so much room on my Newegg store card LOL and it's at $4k even after making some big payments.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
Sam_CO
Adept II

We were waiting for Black Friday to get a Lenovo legion 5 pro with the 6800H processor for my wife to use with her content creation. Microcenter had it marked down to $1599 prior to Black Friday.

So what was the Black Friday price? . . . . $1699 with a big showing of how it was reduced from the 1899 MSRP for Black Friday. So they actually INCREASED the price for the weekend.

Since laptop sales fell flat over the weekend, we'll wait to see if they drop the price before Christmas. And as for this model, the local store managed to sell a grand total of 2 out of 22 on Black Friday. My guess is other people interested in one saw the same thing I did. And it just so happened the Lenovo Store on Amazon dropped price from MSRP to 1599 for the weekend.

The only reason we're waiting for the price to drop again at Microcenter is because we can get it interest free for 36 months with the Insider card.

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

I'm looking for a 13900k for around $600 or less and an Asus Z790 Hero for around the same price or less but prices are up from last weekend which is opposite for what BF should have.

If you want a 7950x you can still find them for around $550 but I'm going back to Intel.

If you are a military vet and want a Lenovo product register on their site and get your ID.ME account if you don't already have one and register for a military discount. You can also do that same at Lowe's and Home Depot.

0 Likes

I was looking for a 4TB SSD, found it in the cheap Leven JS600 4TB SATA SSD at ~212USD. This is for a planned all AMD gaming build, to replace my outdated X79 2nd gaming rig. With the purchase of an R9 5900X to replace the R9 3900X, I can use the latter for a 2nd all AMD build, the RX 6900 XT in my main rig will go into the 2nd rig, AFTER I get back to my home country to snag the RX 7900 XTX in February.

I'd have to snag a B550 mobo and that's just about it as I have all the other parts needed for a 'new' build. So, when that's done, I'll have two all AMD gaming builds to muck around with.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
Pepe1
Adept II

I'm going to wait until December 13.

Mcornford
Adept II

I picked up another 5800x3D for my second PC. Amazing performance at the reduced price point. Now the wait until Dec 13th. Hoping to be able to purchase a reference RX 7900xtx.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

From by bucket list I only snatched the Braava Jet for 120€.

Not really computer stuff but I'm glad I saved the money, I have more shopping to do soon and DDR5 be expensive.

Now the Love Story is complete!

johnnyenglish_6-1670076623197.png

The Englishman
Vynski
Exemplar

My Black Friday was a must, but not computer related.

I had to get a new Tool Chest.  Looked at several and settled on the Husky 10 drawer chest and cart.  With the $79 off price and my Veterans discount I got it for almost $100 off.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Having a tool chest is necessary once your collection of tools exceeds a few tool boxes.  I got my tool chest from my dad after he passed in 1990 at age 69, along with his workbench.  I have tools that date back to the 1950's, along with some hardware items too.  Most of them I don't use, but the collection of chisels can come in handy sometimes.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Even if it hadn't been the tool chest, I would have probably purchased another rifle.  I was so close to buying a Weatherby 460 last spring that I now regret not having done so.  I don't need another large caliber rifle, but I have always lived by the rule; "I'd rather have and not need it than need it and not have it".

0 Likes
mikinat20
Adept I

This Cyber Monday, Trango Tech is offering an opportunity to help your business digitally transform. With its amazing Cyber Monday deals, you can avail of their offers to develop logos and create your presence digitally via mobile and web app development services. Use promo code 'TRANGOBFCM' for further discounts.

0 Likes