cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dertourist
Adept I

XFX 6900XT Time Spy crash

I recently bought a XFX 6900 XT Black Edition.

I am not able to pass a Benchmark test in Time Spy. It pemanently occurs an error during Graphic test 1.

I tried several things like clock rate or fan speed. No positive result. Keeps crashing. The Wattman test passes successfully though. Also I did not have any issues with unigine heaven benchmark.

Do´ not really know how to fix this.

ts1.jpgts2.jpgts3.jpgts4.jpgwattman1.jpgwattman2.jpgwattman3.jpgwattman4.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think it was an issue with the cpu. Yesterday I upgraded the CPU (3700X-->5600X) made a fresh windows installation and today I had two successful Time Spy Tests. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies

Try 'overclockers uk, overclock.net' rx6900xt owners thread, they'll help you out with stable oc options.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please can you provide information your full system specs, including PSU and a picture of the internals of your system chassis. 

0 Likes

Good Morning,

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, no OC

PSU: Be Quiet Straight Power 11 Gold 750W

RAM: GSkill Trident Z 2x8GB 3600MHz

MB: Gigabyte Gaming X570 Gaming X

CPU Cooling: NZXT 62x  

Case: Be quiet Dark Base 700

SAM is on.

Drivers and Bios are up to date.pr1.jpgpr2.jpgts2315.jpgts23151.jpgtse1.jpgtse2.jpgwatt21.55.jpg

I connected the VGA with two separate cables on two different rails on my psu (PCIe1, PCIe3 as described in psu manufacturer manual).

Currently at work but can provide a picture later.

What I have done so far:

Benchmark Test with Time Spy with standard AMD Software Settings --> Permanent failure during Intro order Graphic Test 1 (Time Spy "An error occurred" ). Actually it only passed once after I reinstalled Windows and set preset to Loud, when I tried to repeat the test it failed again (See attached pic for Score)SoTR.jpg

Benchmark Test with Unigine Heaven --> Passed

Benchmark Test with Shadow of the Tomb Raider Demo --> Passed, Settings "High@2K"

Benchmark Test with Borderlands 3 --> Passed , Settings "Ultra@2K"

Benchmark Test with Time Spy Extreme, AMD Preset "Loud" --> Passed

Benchmark Test with Port Royal, AMD Preset "Loud" --> Passed

Please see attachments for further details.

I do not want OC or UV the VGA. Just plug in and enjoy gaming. I mean that is what you should expect from a card of this price range.

Regards

0 Likes

According to the 6900 XT PSU requirements, it is 850W and yours is 750W.

AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics | AMD

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I ordered a new psu. Will respond as soon as I can test it.

New PSU installed today. Still crashes in Time Spy and Fire Strike Extreme.

0 Likes

If you are using msi afterburner try removing it and see if the behavior persists.  Time Spy works fine on my rx 6900 xt.  Are you using separate rails for the gpu pcie connectors?

hrpuffnstuff_0-1627502563516.png

17.2.1 yields even better results.

hrpuffnstuff_0-1627503203375.png

0 Likes

You should also reset the 'Tuning', then disable it (Factory Reset) while your troubleshooting the issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I've been running Timespy and Timespy Extreme at stock and with the GPU overclocked on 21.7.2 and have been able to complete the full benchmark multiple times without any failures.
0 Likes

At stock did not help me. Also have installed the latest driver. Do not really know what the issue is.  I will follow your recommendations and post the results soon. 

0 Likes

Have you scanned for corrupt system components?

0 Likes

How does that work?

0 Likes

I think it was an issue with the cpu. Yesterday I upgraded the CPU (3700X-->5600X) made a fresh windows installation and today I had two successful Time Spy Tests. 

0 Likes

My experience with Time Spy is odd.

Previous GPU setup was dual RX 590 in crossfire. It ran beautifully but struggled in several GPU and CPU demanding games.

Now I running a Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT crashes or freezes every time I try time spy.

When playing games that are GPU and CPU demanding now it runs beautifully.

Leaves me to wonder if Time Spy is outdated for use with flagship GPU's and is not optimized for DX 12. 

Ryzen 7 2700x MSI X370 M7 ACK MOBO (4x8) Corsair Dominator Platinum PC3200 Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT Samsung SATA 3 870 EVO V-NANO SSD 4TB Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt MSI FROZR L 120mm fan x 2 Windows 10 Pro 64 Version 21H2.

0 Likes

Hey,

I was wondering if my 650W ante EA GOLD psu causing problems to my 6900 XT Nitro+ SE. Its brand new gpu got it 2w ago.

0 Likes

Big thread necro

tbh you are best off opening a new post and referencing this one

But just a quick answer, certainly 650W is very low for 6900 XT Nitro+ SE, it even says on the gpu description that

• Minimum 850 Watt Power Supply

I mean this is basic looking at the manual etc before paying out money for something

Yeah thought so, Ordered Corsair RM850x Gold PSU

0 Likes

I've the red devil 6800XT OC, using the 1000w version

0 Likes