cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ihorvath
Journeyman III

XFX 6650 XT quick, low clock speed (1200mhz ) and low power consumption (~45w) after driver update

Hi, i fill obligated to start with english is not my 1st language so sorry for any grammar or any other mistakes.

So, i have a weird problem and would like to know if anyone has any idea whats is happening.

So, about a month ago i upgraded my GPU from a XFX RX570 4GB to a XFX 6650 XT Quick 8GB,

My setup at the time:

Ryzen 5 1600 AF (just a downclocked 2600)

16 GB 3000MHZ cl16 oloy RAM

Cheap msi A320m board (cant remember the exact model)

Corssair cv650 psu

Initialy i instaled adrenalin 22.5.1, and got normal clock speed for the board ( ~2420 core and ~2635 boost), but i had to update driver to 22.11.1 to play warzone 2, and thats when my problems begin, i noticed a huge drop in performance right after the update, and found out throught adrenalin that my board was running at 700mhz core 1200mhz boost, with around 40-50w power consumption, i tried to uninstal the drivers and reinstal the older version... no luck still stuck on 1200mhz boost, tried enabling and disabling re-bar.. nothing.

I just did a clean reinstal of windos and instaled driver 22.5.1 again and clocks where back to normal... but could no play warzone 2.0 so i tried updating drivers again and for no ones surprise the clocks where back to 700-1200mhz.

So i thought is just a driver bug... i did a manual overclock to match the factory settings and tested, the gpu performed normal again, until i rebooted the pc and the clocks where back to 700-1200mhz. I got some stability with lower clocks than factory default, and could hold the OC for a few resets, but after a whiles (couple of days) clocks whent back to 700-1200.

A few days ago i got the oportunity to upgrade my pc, and went for it, thinking maybe some incompatibility was causing my problems... 

so new setup:

Ryzen 5 5600

32gb kingston fury 3600mhz  CL 17 memory (4x8gb)

MSI b550m Mortar

Same Corssair cv650w PSU

And guess what.. nothing changed... just instaled the adrenalin drivers and the clock is set to 700-1200mhz.

GPUZ tells me the clocks are 2420 mhz core - 2635mhz boost, but in games and benchmark it only gets do 1200mhz,

MSI afterburner says the core clock is set at 1200mhz and would not even let me change it to the stock clocks.

So any one has any ideas??  Im thinking some problem with the card itself, since it was running on with old drivers, but has a problem with newer ones. I searched for this specific problem, but could not find anything like it...

8 Replies
MaekR
Adept I

I have the same card and I have the exact same issue. (It's like the stock speed is set to min - 700 and max - 1200)

I changed my GPU Max Frequency from 1200 to 2635 (Doubled my FPS in all games).
Doing this fixed my issue, but it would better if I didn't need to do this and the card actually ran at the correct speed.

My Setup:
Ryzen 5 5600x
16gb Kingston Renegade 3600mhz  CL16 memory (Had the same issue with T.Force delta)
XFX 6650 XT quick
Super Flower 650w PSU

Changed the Max Frequency from 1200 to 2635.Changed the Max Frequency from 1200 to 2635.

MaekR
Adept I

MW2 (1080p Ultra Settings) - Default GPU Tuning. (70-100 FPS) Untitled.png

MW2 (1080p Ultra Settings) - Custom GPU Tuning. (150-200 FPS)
Max Frequency changed from 1200MHz (Should be 2410 MHz, but is broken) to 2635 MHz.
Untitled1.png

You have the exact same weird behavior with the exact same card i have. Would it be a driver or bios issue?? I alredy oppened a bug repport with AMD, i will try and contact XFX support too. Does not seem to be a hardware problem since i had it working normaly with adrenalin 22.5.1 for a while, but after i updated to play warzone 2, it always goes to the 700-1200mhz clocks, even if i manualy overclock, it shows a error in adrenalin after a while (sometimes the same day, sometimes after a week) and goes back to the low clocks.

Ihorvath_0-1672924381449.png

My GPU has the same issue, as shown in the above image changing the max frequency fixes the issue for me, mine does get a error and reset frequently I have saved a global profile to reload it.

Other than this I don't know how to fix it or what might be causing this issue.
I have seen on this forum and other websites where people are having the same issue, so it's not just us. It's 6650 or a AMD problem.

dedagvozden92
Journeyman III

i had the same problem too rx 6650 xt qick, max core clock by default set at 1200mhz, and manualy had to "overclock it"

flickbait
Journeyman III

Had this exact same issue with the same card, thanks for making this thread otherwise I would've been stuck at 1200mhz

0 Likes

Same problem with mine but its a gigabyet 6650xt oc stuck was stuck at 1200 then maxed out the frequency and only get 1600

mathlafont
Journeyman III

salut j'ai fait l'acquisition de cette carte il y a 3 jours j'ai été plus que déçu carte moins performante qu'une RX 590 8 go à Armor acheté 120e le seul jeu fonctionnant à peu près c'est rocket League. les spécifications techniques de cette carte sont imprécises certains site marques PCI 4 x16 d'autre PCI 4 x8. Après on parle de vitesse de vram et non de vitesse d'horloge a 2645mhz , j'espère donc que les pilotes finiront par corriger ce problème même overclocker je ne dépasse pas les 1500 MHz de vitesse d'horloge ... 

Deja sur la RX 590 sa vitesse prédéfinie été 1565 pendant 6 mois j'ai pas pu me servir de mon PC au bout de 5 minutes ça crash obligé de redémarrer , jusqu'à que je comprenne qu'il fallait abaisser les fréquences à 1545 après toutes les mises à jour ça commence à faire beaucoup là merci AMD

0 Likes