cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MacArthur
Adept III

windows 11 screen flickering in some apps

so guys i was watching my videos in windows 11 default movie player ( movie and TV ) and i saw screen flickering on that app  (just that app) am minimize the screen and that return in some times 

i want to know is you have this issue with that app or another app , i don't know issue has related to my GPU or that for windows 11 or...

• RX 6900XT average temperature 70c in games (2000RPM)
  • CPU: i9 9900kf Average temperature in 60c games
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390 game with WIFI
  • 2t SSD NVMe (all games are installed)
  • 480 g SSD (for windows)
  • 16x2 ram 3000mhz cl 16
  • Windows 11 64 bit
  • PSU 800w Radeon Software Adrenaline 22.5.2
  •  

2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

It's possible that you don't have the proper CODECS installed.

You might try downloading and installing VLC Media Player and using it.  It's open source and supports most, if not all, codecs.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Steps to fix windows 11 screen flickering in some apps

Fix 1. Check for Loose Connections and Monitor

The first thing you should do is to check if the connections between your CPU and monitor are loose. To do so, you can disconnect the wire/cable and reconnect them to monitor properly. If the Windows 11 screen flashing still appears, it may indicate that the wire/cable may be damaged, then you need to replace the cable with a new one. In addition, you can connect the cable/wire to another monitor to ensure that it’s indeed faulty.

Fix 2. Disable the Dwm.exe Process in Task Manager

Desktop Window Manager  (dwm.exe) is responsible for enabling visual effects on your desktop. However, some users report that this process sometimes freezes and starts working incorrectly, which can cause screen flickering in Windows 11. To fix the issue, you can try disabling dwm.exe in Task Manager.

Step 1. Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager and click on More details.

Step 2. In the Processes tab, right-click Desktop Window Manager and select End task. Then you can refer to the steps to end other conflicting processes.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez