Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Christoss
Adept II

White screen crash rx 6900 xt

hello,
I have a problem with my sapphire nitro+ rx6900xt graphics card, which sometimes crashes with a white screen.

and in amd adrenaline i have the message "amd wattman settings have been restored to default"

I noticed that crashes happen like when I play mw2, and when I press the windows key to return to the desktop to see a web page, this is where it crashes with a white screen, and I have to restart the pc.

I have already had it sometimes while watching youtube videos on google chrome and yet I have disabled hardware acceleration

I don't understand, it's random as a problem.

0 Likes
17 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Try setting global vertical synchronisation mode to off (Globally forced off)

0 Likes

the wait for vertical refresh option in amd adrenaline?

the only vertical refresh I see is "wait for vertical refresh" it is checked on "disable, unless the application specifies it"

i have the amd freesync premium pro option enabled.

I specify that the crash can happen 1 time out of 100 when I return to windows

0 Likes

Disable Enchanced Sync, then toggle it to Always offDimkaTsv_0-1669430778731.png

DimkaTsv_1-1669430797926.png

0 Likes

ok, I selected it like you on deactivate, I will test to see if I have no problem.

Thank you.

0 Likes

hello, i just had the crash with white screen

0 Likes

Does MW2 give you an error code when it is crashing
For me 1337 was strange issue. I deleted user folder and then disabled vsync completely and it was gone (At least for DMZ)
But 887a0005 error was caused by system instability instead (too much GPU overclock was applied)

Also hmm... Try disabling MPO. Maybe it will help you

0 Likes

yes I had the problem at the beginning of mw2 with the code 0x00001337.

it was a bug of mw2

0 Likes

this never happens to me in games only when i go back to windows

and it also rarely happens to me to have a crash while watching videos by returning with the mouse

0 Likes
mama
Adept II

I actually had this card and had to return it because of a hardware issue with it. I replaced it with an XFX 6900XT. Before you do what I did however (if you can) I suggest you do the following to try to isolate a software issue. Remove the current driver with DDU. Reinstall the most recent recommend driver but with only a minimal install. If you are running Windows then go to Terminal (admin) and type sfc /scannow to remove any other issues and see how stable the system is then by playing games.

0 Likes

ok I will try. the games are stable for me, it's just when I go back to windows, like when I'm in the mw2 menu and I press the windows key on the keyboard, and sometimes I have a white screen and it's very random

0 Likes

I installed the minimal version and my graphics card heats up too much, I have to undervolt and create a fan curve

0 Likes
Christoss
Adept II

Does anyone have a solution please ?

0 Likes

Did you try the MPO (multiplane overlay) regedit?

MPO.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have a computer in French, I have this me

dword.png

0 Likes

Forgot to mention you need to add/create it, and no (") or (:).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
xixou
Adept I

Revert to these drivers, that may solve the issue:

whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.5.1-win10-win11-may10

Make sure that auto driver update in windows is turned off by doing this (otherwhise it will update with newer drivers that crashes):

Press Windows + S keys together to open Search

Now type Device installation settings

Click on Change Device installation settings and then select the option No

Now click on Save Changes

0 Likes
xixou
Adept I

drivers_update_off.png

0 Likes