cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

SnowHat
Journeyman III

Weird issue with crashing apex legends

Hey all!! I hope by coming here I can have different perspectives so I can have this issue fixed but start, this hasn’t happened on apex before and started recently. Basically, I’ll be playing apex for like 15ish minutes and then I’m brought upon an error code and it’ll crash my game but this crash will either black screen my monitors and then go back to normal to reveal the error code or it’ll make my screens go wild. I have proof with the video embedded in the post and the error code is 0x887a0006: DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

For some reason the video won't be processed, so i'll just send a picture of what my screen looks like when I say, it goes "wild". 

I also want it to be clear that I made sure I cleaned the inside of my computer including my cpu and gpu just to make sure it wasn't an overheating or dust problem. Safe to say I managed to get a lot of dust out of both gpu and cpu. I haven't tried since but I still would like to know why an issue like this would happen and how to fix it. 

IMG_2044[1]-min.PNG

0 Likes
5 Replies
SnowHat
Journeyman III

Thanks for any help on this! 

0 Likes
SnuffyHedgehog
Journeyman III

Hello ! Have exactly the same problem than youlittle artefact in game

I crash in 22.5 but have still artefact in 22.7.1

I think the problem from apex because AMD don't have recently updated ? 

0 Likes

Yeah not to sure why it’s happening, but even besides the error code, the fact my computer does that after the crash happens has me concerned. 

0 Likes
VexingRaven
Journeyman III

I also started seeing this recently, I believe starting with 22.6.1. I have a 5700 XT. I play lots of other games and only have the issue with Apex.

0 Likes

Yeah pretty sure it is something, apex has to fix themselves or AMD, which just makes me believe it’ll never get fixed because I feel like they don’t care enough lol. 

0 Likes