Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cencen16
Journeyman III

UPDATE: (direct3d related) AMD Radeon HD 7400m is detected but does not work

Hi,

Yesterday did i reinstall windows 10 on my laptop. Everything was working fine, but i wanted to make a clean install before i went on vacation. (last install of windows was 6 months ago when i upgraded to SSD).

After installing windows and all games and programs, i started Mortal Kombat 9 on steam and it worked fine. Afther that i tried to open Battlefield 4 (which Always worked fine on my laptop on low settings), but i got an error saying: intel HD 3000 does not support direct x 10. But i already have directx 12 installed.

I reinstalled windows 10 a few times. I deleted and reinstalled amd driver a couple times, and still the same error.

I uninstalled AMD again and tried to play Battlefield 4, and it really started the game on intel HD 3000 graphics. Very slow but it just did. So My laptop detects the AMD graphics, but when i start a game it does not see or start with it. I tried to use the settings in switchable graphics but still no change.

Does anybody know what I can do else?

PS:

I tried installing 3 diffrent versions of amd driver, and same error with every version.

UPDATE: direct3d related

I ran a bench test on my laptop and i got this error:

zzzzz.PNG

xxxx.PNG

Laptop Specs:

HP Pavilion DV7-6b01ed (build 2011)

Windows 10 home 64bits

kingston SSD a400

Memory 12gb

Intel i5-2430m 2,40ghz

Intel HD 3000 graphics + Radeon HD 7400M

Knipsel.PNG

asdasd.PNG

32423423.PNG

6 Replies
rebord
Journeyman III

Same here after installing windows 10 1903

0 Likes
leonardo_demian
Journeyman III

Same here after installing windows 10 1909

0 Likes

Look I have the same gpu in my laptop and for some reason works if I disable intel integrated gpu but I can't play games and if I try to find her I only see its name and if you go to device manager and go to display adapter and click on properties of 7400m you go to the last tab and see that has a problem so maybe this kind of gpu have a manufacturer problem and amd didn't predict this problem

0 Likes
Syahniek
Journeyman III

Hi, I'm sorry i don't know any solution to your problem.

But, may i know how you install directx 12 with your intel hd 3000, isn't it only support the older version, i just installed a game, and it need the directx 11, but i found that my hd 3000 won't support it, can you help me figure it out?

(And also, my laptop also have the radeon hd 7400m)

same problem same system  Warframe  diretx 12 is avaliable  too

0 Likes
GGkids
Journeyman III

same problem and intel hd 3000 / AMD radeon 7400m directx12
show driver install sucseed but can't use gpu or show in performance
i try to fix it all day but still blank - -"

0 Likes