cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Alex6
Journeyman III

The shared video memory is not working in Grand Theft Auto V

Hello guys! I have a Radeon Vega 8 with 2gb video memory. With shared memory (from my RAM) i have 9gb+ vram and if i in GTA it's just 2048 mb vram. Can i do somthing to fix this? thank you in advance for your replies!

8d615fa5-fbb8-4f05-995e-fc3dc6213815.png

Képkivá1gás.PNG 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Without knowing the Make & Model of your Motherboard and APU Processor generally most Motherboard BIOS Settings has a maximum vRAM for its Integrated Graphics at 2 GBs of vRAM which is assigned by BIOS and taken away from your System RAM Memory total.

Some Motherboards has higher vRAM Limits than 2GBs in BIOS Settings. I know some Asus Motherboards has a Maximum vRAM of 3GBs for instance.

So it seems like your Motherboard BIOS Setting is set either to its Maximum amount of vRAM or you need to enter BIOS and see what is the maximum amount of System Ram you can assign to your APU Integrated Graphics.

NOTE: Windows will automatically assign what ever System RAM your game needs to run.

Hey. Thanks the reply. I have a GIGABYTE B450M S2H motherboard where can i find  the maximum amount of System Ram in the bios? (sorry for my bad english i am from Hungary)

0 Likes

It is hard to say because each Motherboard's BIOS is very different from each other.

Go into BIOS and see if you see any Settings with GFX or IGPU or something similar. Then click on those and see if one of those is the one the assigns the amount of vRAM for your Integrated Graphics.

EDIT: Downloaded your Motherboard's Manual and went to the BIOS section. I believe this is where you can set the IGPU  vRAM but not sure:

Screenshot 2022-01-13 123521.png

This might be different than the BIOS version you have if you updated your BIOS. This is probably the original BIOS that came with the Motherboard.

0 Likes