cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AW3S0ME
Adept II

Sapphire TRIXX

What does Toxic Boost do?  I'm guessing it keeps the lower clocks @ 1000MHz with a moderate boost to 2500MHz but can that be changed and increased?

0 Likes
6 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Personally, I would not use it.

I had it for a while with RX 580 Nitro, but removed it as it was more trouble than it was worth.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

If it's keeping the minimum GPU clocks @ 1000MHz then it's worth it to reduce the jitter which I've been experiencing.  It's extremely minimal but when I enable Toxic Boost, it's gone.  It would be comparable to K-Boost for Nvidia which I was using while my 3080Ti was installed.  Is there something like K-Boost or something similar to Toxic Boost for my card?

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

I have an Asus 6700 XT, I had Asus GPU Tweak installed which caused my micro stutters in game.

There have been a few reports of other monitoring software interfering with AMD Adrenaline software.

Do you have a Sapphire card?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

It's a Sapphire 6900 XTX Toxic.  I don't monitor anything while gaming.

0 Likes

Most third party graphics controllers (Trixx,Asus,Afterburner,Riva Tuner,etc) will cause a conflict with AMD settings and controls and is best to uninstall them. Or use one or the other...both can't be running.

0 Likes
red5
Miniboss

I have the Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Limited Edition liquid cooled card.  The system has just been sitting for a while, but I did turn Trixx on and messed around some.  I'll try to get it set up and do some testing on it if you want. Didn't seem to cause any issues when I was stress testing it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
0 Likes