Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Shai86
Journeyman III

Rx6800xt-5800x3d-MSI B450M Carbon pro, FPS massive drop in older games

Hello everyone,

I have a really annoying problem with my setup i guess. Before the upgrade I had a Red Devil RX 5700 XT and R7 3700x processor. When playing an old game like Warhammer dawn of war dark crusade I did't had any problems with this set-up. Now after the upgrade I get massive FPS drops in game.  The fps drop during mid game goes to like 5-6 fps and stays like that untill the end of of a match. Or when I move to the undiscovered area everything speeds up. Also what happend was that using alt-tab during the game to make the screen flicker everything went back to normal. But this doesn't work every time.

In newer games I don't have any problems although in BF4 I got two crashes. After the crash wattman had to reset the preferences. 

I have DDU'd the drivers and reinstalled them, but this didn't helped. I'm using version Adrenalin 22.11.2. I have a 144hz ultrawidescreen and 16gb 3200mhz cl16 hyperx predator ram.

Does this sound familiar to someone and did you find a solution to fix this? I know this is an old game, but it's still the one I play the most with friends online. 

I hope one you can help me. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
0 Replies