Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sac
Journeyman III

RX560 4k 120Hz jumps to 60Hz when 2nd Monitor is connected

Hi all,

have a LC-M27-4K-UHD-144 monitor and use it with one displayport cable and get 4k 120Hz.

But as soon as I connect another external FHD 60Hz monitor (or my Hifi receiver), the refresh rate jumps to 60Hz and I can no longer select 120Hz.

Monitor vendor suggests that maybe the RX560 is not "strong enough", although it should be capable for 4x 4k 60Hz monitors.

Anyone who can confirm that the RX560 can handle 4k 120Hz plus an additional monitor?

Greetz

3 Replies

Pretty sure you can't run eyefinity with monitors with different refresh rates.

0 Likes

Don't need eyefinity, desktop is in clone mode since the 2nd external monitor is my Hifi receiver and doesn't need to display a picture at all.

0 Likes
kamo1234
Journeyman III

Hello,

I've got the exact same issue with this monitor on my RX 480.

My other monitor is the Asus VG289Q, and if I connect both, the LC-Power drops to 60 Hz at 4K. If I switch off the Asus in Windows display settings, I can set the LC-Power to 2160p120.

Alternatively I can enable the Ryzen 5 3400G graphics for the Asus in order to max out the LC-Power on the RX 480, but then I get the "Hardware settings were changed. Please reboot." message every single boot...

I can do 1440p144 with the 2nd monitor on just fine.

Is the output circuitry in these cards limiting in some way? Could you figure something out?

Cheers!

0 Likes