cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DSinf
Adept I

RX 7900 XT Restarting my PC when playing Bannerlord

So I recently re-installed Bannerlord since I havent played it in a long time and after about 20 minutes or so my PC restarted and it continues to restart anywhere from 1-20 mins of starting the game, mostly when in a lords keep or in a battle. I had a similar issue with VR games and MOWAS2 last month but disabling the AMD overlay fixed those games.

The system is not overheating as my GPU sits at 35-56 degrees whilst my CPU sits at 45-60 degrees before crashing, I also disabled Intels Turbo boost since it would cause my CPU to reach 5.2 GHz and overheat

I cant figure out why its only Bannerlord that causes my system to restart.

Specs:

GPU: RX 7900 XT

CPU: Intel i7 9700KF

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX @3000Mhz

PSU: Corsair CX750

MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 D

SSD: Samsung 870 QVO

0 Likes
3 Replies
DSinf
Adept I

I've tried underclocking the system to no success

I've added an additional intake fan so the GPU now sits around 28-40 degrees (34-48 junction) at 80% utilisation, still having the same problem exclusively in Bannerlord

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

I'd say your PSU is a bit on the "lite" side

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your PSU to each power input on your GPU

Make sure your  motherboard's BIOS is up to date

Make sure your Intel bits and pieces drivers are up to date .. just go to Intel's website and run their driver update utility

What errors are being generated in your System Event Viewer?

ThreeDee PC specs

I Have Kernal power event ID 41 "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Also "The XTU3SERVICE service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." when the system restarts

I've ordered a 1000w PSU so hopefully that will fix it, its just strange that it occurs in Bannerlord but not when I'm rendering Videos or playing other games.

0 Likes