Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yungakz
Journeyman III

Rx 6800 Driver Timeout Crashes

Hello all,

Very recently built this computer and had it up and running towards the end of this summer. Out of nowhere around, I would say early-mid November I was playing Valorant, and my game unexpectedly crashed with an error stating: 

yungakz_0-1638140814437.png

Now, my first reaction was that maybe I had outdated drivers and all I had to do was update but it got progressively worse. Tried updating to newest drivers still crashed. Tried going back to the old driver I had still crashed. I figured it was mainly just Valorant so then I tried playing games like DayZ and Forza Horizon 5 and I literally can't play more than 5 mins without driver timeout crashes.

I've tried downgrading to earlier drivers dating back to the summer but no luck. Tried replacing my ram to see if it's a memory issue but that's not the case. One observation that I did note though is that I get consistent crashes with games that are gpu intense such as DayZ and Forza Horizon 5. Games like Valorant and League don't cause much driver timeout issues. 

Specs:

Gigabyte AORUS RX 6800 (no overclocking or anything of that nature done to the card)

B550 Tomahawk MSI

Ryzen 5800x

Corsair 16gb 3600MHz ram

Any tips or help would be appreciated

0 Likes
2 Replies
BubbaNoy
Adept II

Welcome to the world of bad drivers from AMD.

My computer video drivers craps out playing HTML web videos, aka Youtube and Facebook videos. I would have to hard reset and re-enable the drivers in device manager and reboot to enable the drivers again. I've already RMA my videocard just to get another card that does the same thing. So, yes, bad drivers, and it's not getting fix anytime soon.

My old Nvidia GTX 960 has no issues except it's slow old tech.

0 Likes

pebkac error.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes