cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

melophobia_
Journeyman III

RX 6600 XT sometimes boots with black screen and sometimes doesn't

So I bought a Powercolor RX 6600 XT last week and I'm having problems with the card's drivers; I think it might be a driver's problem because the card works perfectly when using the Microsoft basic display driver.

The problem is the following: Using the correct drivers (now using 22.5.1 recommended) everyday when I power up the PC the screen goes black after the windows logo, it doesn't restart or freeze or anything, it just doesn't show any image at all like there's no video signal. But if I turn it off with the power button and start it again it boots normally and it works fine, the black screen doesn't happen. So I have to power up the PC twice everyday because it doesn't show any image the first time (Unless I use microsoft basic drivers).

What can it be? I already made a clean install of the drivers using DDU, tried with older and newer optional driver versions and I always have the same issue.

Specs are:

Motherboard: ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0

Ryzen 5 3400G

2x4 GB RAM. A SSD and a HDD

0 Likes
5 Replies

Maybe the pc is trying to boot to the 3400G graphics, try in bios to set the 6600 to initial display and disable the 3400G graphics.

What make/model PSU?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

PSU is a Redragon rpgs gc-ps001 500w 80+Bronze. There's no option to disable onboard graphics on the BIOS (Motherboard is asrock a320m-hdv R4.0 P3.30

0 Likes
Someuser
Adept I

I'm having the exact issue with my power dragon 6800xt. On a cold boot the screen is blank... If I unplug the HDMI cable and re-plug it back in the screen will come back... then today, when I booted up all the colors were jacked up (like they were inverted)... re-started and it worked fine..

Frames in-game are good and otherwise no performance problems that I can tell.... Really hoping there is an answer to what the issue may be....

0 Likes

I tried reinstalling windows 10 and it didn't work, still the same issue. So no solution for now, tell me if you find a way to fix it tho

0 Likes
Mitsui14
Adept II

I had this exact same problem and fixed it by replacing the PSU. There's already a long thread about this issue, and my personal experience with the exact same card and model. I have the Powercolor RX 6600 XT Fighter.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/sapphire-pulse-rx-6600-xt-black-screen-driver-instalation/m-p/...

0 Likes